[COMPLETE]The Marquis of Lossie, MacDonald-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

54 and 55 are PL OK. So glad to see Duncan again!!
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

56 is ready. I might not make the three chapter goal this week. If I do, it'll just barely squeak by at the last minute tomorrow night. Next weekend is even busier, so we'll see!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Whew!

57 and 58 are also ready! Those chapters were quite exciting! 57 especially, I think. :9:
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

56-58 are all PL OK and exciting!
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

59 is ready. I hope to get a chance to do more this weekend, but we will see.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Chapter 60 is uploading. In this one, I noticed that the phrase "good mine" appears where "gold mine" might make more sense. So I double checked two other editions (Gutenberg and an 1877 edition on archive), and they both say "gold." So I decided to use that.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

And wow, I had enough down time this morning that I was able to finish 61! :clap: Tonight is the big event I have been getting ready for, and it just didn't occur to me that I might have free time on the morning leading up to it! :lol: So three chapters this week turned out to be doable after all! And the next one is short, so we may get a bonus chapter in tomorrow. :wink:
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

All PL OK! The plot thickens... :wink: Pretty obvious outcome at this point (even if I didn't remember the ending from the Phillips edition years ago), but MacDonald makes it look impossible so far.

Hope your big event is going well this evening!
~ Hannah
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Bonus chapter, yay! 62 is ready. Just ten chapters to go, I can't believe it. I have also been pondering over a book summary that will avoid spoilers for the first book. I will go ahead and add it to the first post. Let me know what you think.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

62 is PL OK and intoned so well for the different moods.

Oh, poor Lady C... I am forcing myself not to pick up my hardcover copy of the book to get her through this misunderstanding. :D It's too fun to hear it all come from your voice this time through!
~ Hannah
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Aww, well I'll try not to keep you in suspense any longer than I can help! :)

Yes, I do feel so bad for her at the end of this chapter. Poor thing.

And by the way, the event went well. It was the big annual fundraiser for the nonprofit I work for. Not quite as successful as last year, and there seem to have been some communication issues that made things harder this year. But it was still a success, and will hopefully be a learning opportunity.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Also, I've now updated the book description. I'm open to suggestions for improvement!
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

The book description looks good! When additional themes pop into mind, I see that they would give away the important fact you are letting readers learn first through "Malcolm."

Glad your event was a (qualified) success! I wonder if fundraising is harder in general right now, as is running small businesses...
~ Hannah
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Two more chapters are ready. :)
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

63 and 64 are PL OK!
~ Hannah