Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Shelly,
I signed you up for it now.
Thanks,
Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

alg1001 wrote: March 28th, 2024, 12:39 pm Hi Shelly,
I signed you up for it now.
Thanks,
Amy
Thank you 👌
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

ShellyW wrote: March 28th, 2024, 6:30 am Whew! Busy few days. chapter is 1 is ready. I think it sounds heavily edited.... cause it is... hope it sounds ok.
Sounds fine, Shelly, and I've marked it PL OK

Section 00 was still in the MW as Section 01, so I changed it to 00, downloaded and checked, so it is all in order now, and also PL OK.

Off to a good start!
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

silverquill wrote: March 29th, 2024, 5:22 pm
ShellyW wrote: March 28th, 2024, 6:30 am Whew! Busy few days. chapter is 1 is ready. I think it sounds heavily edited.... cause it is... hope it sounds ok.
Sounds fine, Shelly, and I've marked it PL OK

Section 00 was still in the MW as Section 01, so I changed it to 00, downloaded and checked, so it is all in order now, and also PL OK.

Off to a good start!
Thank you for fixing that. Awesome.
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

Chapter 2 ready for PL
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

ShellyW wrote: March 30th, 2024, 8:28 am Chapter 2 ready for PL
PL OK!

Nice to hear someone how can pronounce Gloucester properly, not to mention all of the birds! My older brother was and avid birder, and my younger brother does pretty well, but I guess it skipped me. :roll:
~ Larry
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

silverquill wrote: March 30th, 2024, 11:07 am
ShellyW wrote: March 30th, 2024, 8:28 am Chapter 2 ready for PL
PL OK!

Nice to hear someone how can pronounce Gloucester properly, not to mention all of the birds! My older brother was and avid birder, and my younger brother does pretty well, but I guess it skipped me. :roll:
Well the scientific names are especially challenging. I figure no one will know if I pronounce those wrong though :D
But yeah I gloated a little when I read "Quin-zee" and "pluh-ver" :lol:
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Yeah, say, "The plover went over to find cover in the clover!" :lol: :lol: Doncha love English?
~ Larry
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

silverquill wrote: March 30th, 2024, 12:38 pm Yeah, say, "The plover went over to find cover in the clover!" :lol: :lol: Doncha love English?
:lol: :thumbs:
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

Chapter 3 ready for PL
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

ShellyW wrote: April 3rd, 2024, 5:16 am Chapter 3 ready for PL
One of the most extensive descriptions of the surf I've ever heard!
We usually went to the northern beaches in Dennis where we lived. Our favorite was Cold Storage Beach. On the outer beaches, I do remember one visit where there we hordes of horseshoe crabs ashore. I'm actually more familiar with the Oregon beaches where we get some roaring waves and intriguing interactions due to the offshore rocks.

Anyway, I've marked this PL OK.

If you are particular about pronunciation, just at the beginning of Part 2, about 10:37, there are the terms "systole and diastole," medical terms for the flow of blood out of the heart and back to the heart. The last syllable for both is pronounced like an "ly" with the accent on "systole" being on the first syllable and for "diastole" on the second syllable. These also correspond to the top and bottom numbers of a blood pressure measurement. (One of my careers was as a physician assistant) Totally up to you on pronunciations, but I thought I'd give you the option.
~ Larry
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

:thumbs:

I will definitely want to fix systole and diastole.

We are getting ready for a week long trip during which we won't have much Internet access. I don't plan to bring the mic. Should be interesting 🤔
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

ShellyW wrote: April 4th, 2024, 8:32 am :thumbs:

We are getting ready for a week long trip during which we won't have much Internet access. I don't plan to bring the mic. Should be interesting 🤔
Yeah, I didn't bring my mike for what turned out to be two weeks in New Hampshire, and it felt strange -- not that I had time, place, or strength to record. . . .
~ Larry
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

silverquill wrote: April 4th, 2024, 9:29 am
ShellyW wrote: April 4th, 2024, 8:32 am :thumbs:

Yeah, I didn't bring my mike for what turned out to be two weeks in New Hampshire, and it felt strange -- not that I had time, place or strength to record. . . .
Was that due to the burst pipe?
An old ENC dorm mate recently bought a house in Georgia and we are driving down for a visit. Haven't seen her in a couple decades.
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

Chapter 3 ready for spot check.
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com