COMPLETE: Daughter of the Sky: The Story of Amelia Earhardt, by Paul L. Briand, Jr. -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Ha! I'm sure they wouldn't, so there's that. :)

Section 32 is PL OK :thumbs:

Scott's here right now, and we both enjoyed the interest factor of flying over the desert and the tribal concerns. He says he just saw in the news that they they've recently found plane wreckage around 3 miles deep in the ocean they think may be hers. He just pulled it up, and the wreckage they're looking at is "about 100 miles away from Howland Island."
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Yes, I read about that too. It will be so interesting to see it it is indeed the plane. The photos look questionable, with the swept back wings. But that might be a result of the crash, I guess. There is a lot of discussion around it. There's that one guy who claims to have proven that she was alive on the island for a while. He has spoken up that he thinks this is not the plane (of course). But seems like they should be able to check it out.
Section 33 is up.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 33 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Thanks. Things are looking bad for Amelia and Fred in this next section, which is ready for a listen.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Gosh it's still ominous-feeling, even knowing the outcome and seeing all the factors that contribute

Section 34 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

It is indeed.
Section 35 is up. I did not realize that the search was so extensive!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 35 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Thank you!
I have put in the final two chapters , since they were so short. And the book wasn't as fun to do now that she has crashed, so I thought I'd be done with it.
The author's theory about Earhardt's final fate seems pretty implausible to me on several counts. I guess if they ever can get a close look at that plane they discovered undersea recently, it will end all speculation (although, I have to say that if you look at the images, they seem to indicate swept-back wings, which the Electra didn't have. And it seems like any number of planes could have gone down in that area during WWII). Anyhow, a good book, I thought.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

These last two sections are both PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:

I've been going down several rabbit holes the past couple of hours, checking out various disappearance hypotheses. Some of them are pure nuts. :lol: Saipan does seem to have a strong following even today.

And, yeah, I'm also skeptical about this current find being her Elektra - maybe the wings could be swept back by crash effects? But it doesn't seem probable to me that force strong enough to sweep them back so much would leave them pretty much attached to the fuselage. . .
~Lynette * -
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Congratulations Ciufi on completion of this solo recording for LibriVox! This book is now in the LibriVox catalog and available for listeners to download. Please check the catalog page and let me know if any changes are needed:

https://librivox.org/daughter-of-the-sky-the-story-of-amelia-earhart-by-paul-l-briand-jr/
Jo
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Thanks!
It appears that the link does not work, though? When
I went to my reader page to double check, it is listed as in progress.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hi there :) The link works for me right now. Perhaps Archive.org was needing some morning coffee?
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Yeah, all good for me too, now. Great!
Thanks to both of you! :clap: