Inkell

Post by Inkell »

alanmapstone wrote: March 27th, 2024, 5:06 am Now PL OK! :thumbs:
Thanks Alan! MW updated :thumbs:
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Pan in Midas and Apollo

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mythsandhero_pan_midasandapollo.mp3

I think that may be my lot, I don't think there are any plays left that I am not in or PLing :lol:

EDIT: Actually I could do Fourth Woman in Niobe (if you don't mind a male voice) and First Courtier in Perseus and Medusa?
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

alanmapstone wrote: March 28th, 2024, 4:21 am Pan in Midas and Apollo

I think that may be my lot, I don't think there are any plays left that I am not in or PLing :lol:

EDIT: Actually I could do Fourth Woman in Niobe (if you don't mind a male voice) and First Courtier in Perseus and Medusa?
Thanks, Alan, I have put this in for PL and I will sign you up for these! :thumbs: (I don't mind a male voice, I run my stuff gender neutral. Maybe Fourth Woman just has a manly voice)

wib66, this is one for you
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Inkell wrote: March 28th, 2024, 5:12 am
alanmapstone wrote: March 28th, 2024, 4:21 am Pan in Midas and Apollo

Thanks, Alan, I have put this in for PL and I will sign you up for these! :thumbs: (I don't mind a male voice, I run my stuff gender neutral. Maybe Fourth Woman just has a manly voice)

wib66, this is one for you
thank you queued for PL
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Here's Jason:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mythsandhero_jason_jason.mp3 5:08

May I also read Vulcan?
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

Salvationist wrote: March 28th, 2024, 4:44 pm Here's Jason:

May I also read Vulcan?
Thank you! I have put this in for PL and signed you up for Vulcan :thumbs:

alanmapstone, this is one for you
bumblecrumble

Post by bumblecrumble »

Hiya! New to LibriVox. Can I voice the role of Daedalus in Daedalus and Icarus please?

Thanks
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Salvationist wrote: March 28th, 2024, 4:44 pm Here's Jason:
Hi David
Just a couple of PL notes:
at 1.15 Theseus should be pronounced Thee-soos (see pronunciation guide)
at 5.06 missing final speech on page 143 (page is reduced in size but is part of the script)
otherwise OK!
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

bumblecrumble wrote: March 28th, 2024, 8:18 pm Hiya! New to LibriVox. Can I voice the role of Daedalus in Daedalus and Icarus please?

Thanks
Welcome to Librivox! :clap:

I would love to sign you up for Daedalus but I see you have not completed your 1-minute test yet, it's not an audition but it does make sure your technical specs are correct before you begin. So if you could go and do that first over here: viewtopic.php?t=90874 just follow those instructions carefully and then come back when it's okayed then I will sign up for Daedalus. Since you are new I will also need to add you so I need to know what you would like your catalogue name to be? This could be the same as your forum name or your real name or whatever you prefer, it's what you intend to say when for your 'Daedalus read by...' voice credit.

In the meantime I can reserve Daedalus for you for a couple of weeks, if you have any further questions feel free ask
bumblecrumble

Post by bumblecrumble »

Hiya! Thank you for the reply. I've just submitted mine so hopefully it gets approved soon - I'll let you know as soon as I'm approved, thanks.
Edit - oh and I'd love to be credited as Bi Nguyen. Thanks xx
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

bumblecrumble wrote: March 29th, 2024, 10:02 am Hiya! Thank you for the reply. I've just submitted mine so hopefully it gets approved soon - I'll let you know as soon as I'm approved, thanks.
Edit - oh and I'd love to be credited as Bi Nguyen. Thanks xx
That's great! I have added you to the catalogue as Bi Nguyen, you can view your page (which shows all your recordings and what projects you are signed up to) by clicking on your name in the Magic Window. It shouldn't take too long to get approved and if some of your settings are wrong it is better to catch it now before you start doing some real recordings :thumbs:
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

LCaulkins wrote: March 26th, 2024, 11:02 am Hey there :) This one is technically PL OK

Pacing is spot on, but there is a wide difference in perceived volume of voices throughout. (for example. Latona is almost always much quieter than the others' lines between hers) Let me know if you want to play with it and have me spot-check. :)
I tried amplifying a lot of the lines that looked kinda quiet so let me know if you think that's any better
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Yes! Latona and the Rustics comes across much nicer now. :)

Definitely PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

LCaulkins wrote: March 30th, 2024, 4:21 pm Yes! Latona and the Rustics comes across much nicer now. :)

Definitely PL OK :thumbs:
That's great, thanks Lynette :thumbs:
hannahhaunts

Post by hannahhaunts »

Hi! Here is Second Sister for Cupid and Psyche.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mythsandhero_secondsister_cupidandpsyche.mp3 (00:44)