[GROUP/RELIGION] The Autobiography of Charles H. Spurgeon, Volume 1 - tg

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Here is the concluding chapter:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/autobiography1_62_spurgeon_128kb.mp3 10:27

I could relate several stories of contrast similar to this. So poignant.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
highlands

Post by highlands »

Could I possibly record section 29? (Defence of Calvinism 1)
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

highlands wrote: March 11th, 2024, 11:40 am Could I possibly record section 29? (Defence of Calvinism 1)
Welcome to Librivox highlands!
It would be great to have you record section 29 for this project (Spurgeon). It looks like you've just passed your 1 minute test recording which means you are ready to go. Don't forget in all future recordings to make any changes that were suggested when you did the test recording (eg: if you needed to amplify, you'll need to do that for every section you submit).

In order to assign a section to you in the Magic Window (MW) of this project, I've entered you into the database of readers. Your reader page is accessible here and a list of your assigned sections is here (you might want to bookmark it). Your claim is confirmed - you have one month to submit section 29. Looking forward to hearing your section and have you help out with this project!

Some common questions that new readers ask:
  • Footnotes: They are optional. You can read all, some or none. An easy way to mark them is to say 'footnote' then read the footnote then say 'end footnote'.
  • Quotes: You can mark these by saying 'quote' then reading the quote and then saying 'end quote'. You can decide whether to say quote at all - sometimes it will be clear from context. I'd suggest saying it if the quotation spans multiple sentences.
  • Non-English phrases: We do have to read them. You could 1) pronounce it however you want 2) post in this thread and ask for someone to record it for you so you can either mimic it or splice it into your own recording 3) try Forvo for individual words or the sound icon on Google Translate for a text to speech version to copy.
  • Roman numerals: Read these as their corresponding number.
  • Abbreviations: You can choose to expand these or not to. You could say 'e.g' or 'for example'.
  • Heading numbering: Sometimes books use roman numerals and digits for two different levels of headings. I think a good solution to this is to say 'first, second' etc. for roman numeral headings (I, II etc.) and 'one, two' etc. for digit headings (1, 2 etc.).
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
St. Augustine (Vol.6 Psalms 126-150) 94% 3 left!
PL pls: DPL 43 27-28
highlands

Post by highlands »

InTheDesert wrote: March 11th, 2024, 7:47 pm
Welcome to Librivox highlands!
It would be great to have you record section 29 for this project (Spurgeon). It looks like you've just passed your 1 minute test recording which means you are ready to go. Don't forget in all future recordings to make any changes that were suggested when you did the test recording (eg: if you needed to amplify, you'll need to do that for every section you submit).

In order to assign a section to you in the Magic Window (MW) of this project, I've entered you into the database of readers. Your reader page is accessible here and a list of your assigned sections is here (you might want to bookmark it). Your claim is confirmed - you have one month to submit section 29. Looking forward to hearing your section and have you help out with this project!

Some common questions that new readers ask:
Thank you very much indeed! Appreciate all your help. Looking forward to getting stuck in!
mummibee

Post by mummibee »

Here is section 1:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/autobiography1_01_spurgeon_128kb.mp3
Length 14:43

If all good, could I please take section 30?
Belinda
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

mummibee wrote: March 12th, 2024, 3:45 pm Here is section 1:

Assigned!
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
highlands

Post by highlands »

Hello, I’d like to ask some advice -

I have belatedly realised there is a phrase in my section which would now be considered to be offensive (Page 169, final paragraph, lines 8-9). Is it possible for me to include some sort of disclaimer immediately after reading out this sentence? I’ve already recorded up until this point.
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

highlands wrote: March 25th, 2024, 3:06 pm Hello, I’d like to ask some advice -

I have belatedly realised there is a phrase in my section which would now be considered to be offensive (Page 169, final paragraph, lines 8-9). Is it possible for me to include some sort of disclaimer immediately after reading out this sentence? I’ve already recorded up until this point.
We can't add commentary to the text. Let me know if you'd prefer to take a different section instead,
highlands

Post by highlands »

Thanks for your reply. I’ll get back to you.
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

mummibee wrote: March 12th, 2024, 3:45 pm Here is section 1:

This is PL OK.

A comment, Checker indicates that this has a moderate level of noise, is there something different you did in this recording compared with other recordings. I don't recall background noise being an issue in your other recordings. Just something you might want to check out.

Thanks,

M
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

silverquill wrote: March 5th, 2024, 8:00 pm Here is the concluding chapter:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/autobiography1_62_spurgeon_128kb.mp3 10:27

I could relate several stories of contrast similar to this. So poignant.
That was a beautiful chapter, although a grim topic. This is PL OK.

Thanks,

M
highlands

Post by highlands »

InTheDesert wrote: March 25th, 2024, 7:48 pm
We can't add commentary to the text. Let me know if you'd prefer to take a different section instead,
Could you possibly remove me from the list for Section 29?
Sorry - I’m no longer in a position to contribute at this time.
Thanks for your help.
mummibee

Post by mummibee »

Here is section 30
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/autobiography1_30_spurgeon_128kb.mp3 25:50
I'd be happy to take section 29 but I won't be able to have it completed till around May 22 if that's ok
Belinda
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

mummibee wrote: April 7th, 2024, 12:40 am Here is section 30
I'd be happy to take section 29 but I won't be able to have it completed till around May 22 if that's ok
Thankyou, Belinda!
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

mummibee wrote: April 7th, 2024, 12:40 am Here is section 30
Good job. This is PL OK.

Thanks,

M