COMPLETE: Money For Nothing by P. G. Wodehouse - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
zachh

Post by zachh »

Thank you very much. Chapter 11 is uploaded, and is a much shorter one. Sergeant Major Flannery's parting remark about the bell is one of the bits that has always stuck in my mind from this book.
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

zachh wrote: March 7th, 2024, 7:25 pm Thank you very much. Chapter 11 is uploaded, and is a much shorter one. Sergeant Major Flannery's parting remark about the bell is one of the bits that has always stuck in my mind from this book.
It was a great comment. :D

Last chapter we had roberts, this one has parrots. Another fun conversation

Chapter 11 is PL OK.

M
zachh

Post by zachh »

Thank you very much. Chapter 12 is uploaded. There are no animals this time as far as I can recall, but the vegetable kingdom gets mentioned.
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

zachh wrote: March 10th, 2024, 6:48 pm Thank you very much. Chapter 12 is uploaded. There are no animals this time as far as I can recall, but the vegetable kingdom gets mentioned.
PL OK. :lol:
zachh

Post by zachh »

Chapter 13 is uploaded. It's the last long one. Thank you very much.
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

zachh wrote: March 16th, 2024, 3:29 pm Chapter 13 is uploaded. It's the last long one. Thank you very much.
Another fun chapter. This is PL OK.

Thanks,

M
zachh

Post by zachh »

Thank you very much. The penultimate chapter has been uploaded.
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

zachh wrote: March 17th, 2024, 11:11 am Thank you very much. The penultimate chapter has been uploaded.
And another PL OK. Poor John. But, of course, being Wodehouse, everything will come out right in the end.

Thanks,

M
zachh

Post by zachh »

And indeed, the happy ending has come, just as you said it would. Chapter 15 is uploaded. Thank you very much for all the time you've put into this project.

I have written a new summary and pasted it into the first post. I don't know if irony is permitted in summaries, and if not I will try to put together something more suitable. The spoiler in the last quote in the summary is not actually a spoiler, as, being a Wodehouse novel, this book contains no corpses.
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

zachh wrote: March 24th, 2024, 11:29 am And indeed, the happy ending has come, just as you said it would. Chapter 15 is uploaded. Thank you very much for all the time you've put into this project.

I have written a new summary and pasted it into the first post. I don't know if irony is permitted in summaries, and if not I will try to put together something more suitable. The spoiler in the last quote in the summary is not actually a spoiler, as, being a Wodehouse novel, this book contains no corpses.
I love your summary. :lol:

I enjoyed the final, PL OK, chapter. And, I thank you for providing me with the opportunity to listen to this fun-filled Wodehouse story.

Excellent job with the book. :clap: :clap:

Thanks,

M
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Congratulations Zach on completion of this solo recording for LibriVox! This book is now in the LibriVox catalog and available for listeners to download. Please check the catalog page and let me know if any changes are needed:

https://librivox.org/money-for-nothing-by-p-g-wodehouse/
Jo
zachh

Post by zachh »

Everything on the catalog page looks great. Thank you both for all of your help and encouragement. It was a fun book to get to read.