COMPLETE: Tales of 1928: A Selection of Folktales, Fables, and Legends from Books Published in 1928-rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
laurakgibbs

Post by laurakgibbs »

Rapunzelina wrote: March 25th, 2024, 12:59 pm 11 and 20 are both PL OK!
I did notice a word substitution if you think it worth fixing, in section 11 at around 3:40, text is "on the Ox’s horns", recording has "ears" instead.

I don't remember if we discussed it before: did you want the list of contents included with the summary in the Catalogue Page?

I will be available for "Tales of 1927" as well :D
Oh my gosh, I will fix the ox's ears for sure; thank you for catching that! I'll go do that now.

And I would really like to include the table of contents in the catalog page if possible. Thank you!!!

Plus I will ping you when I get Tales of 1927 ready. Yay! Thanks again!!!
laurakgibbs

Post by laurakgibbs »

The ox of Section 11 3:40 is fixed! :D
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Oh sorry I missed this last post. I'll start cataloguing now.
laurakgibbs

Post by laurakgibbs »

Rapunzelina wrote: March 27th, 2024, 5:27 pm Oh sorry I missed this last post. I'll start cataloguing now.
Oh, that's FANTASTIC: thank you!!!
There's going to be a post at the Internet Archive blog next week about LibriVox, and it would be so perfect to be able to link to this completed book!!!
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

All done! So here's what the catalogue page looks like: https://librivox.org/tales-of-1928-by-various/
let me know if any changes are needed.
laurakgibbs

Post by laurakgibbs »

Rapunzelina wrote: March 28th, 2024, 8:53 am All done! So here's what the catalogue page looks like: https://librivox.org/tales-of-1928-by-various/
let me know if any changes are needed.
Oh wow, this is so exciting!

Just two quick requests:

* There's a parenthesis missing here:
that was published in 1928 (and later reissued as an 8-volume series in 1946.
SHOULD BE: 1946).

* We were going to include a link to the Internet Archive anthology in the left-hand column, under Internet Archive page:
Links
Internet Archive Page
Online Text
... where Online Text would link to the anthology at the Internet Archive:
https://archive.org/details/tales-of-1928

Is that possible? I like having links to the books in the main column, but having a link to the Online Text all in one place on the left (as is normally done for books I think?) would be great. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Yes, yes, everything is possible :D
Please check again in case I missed anything else!
laurakgibbs

Post by laurakgibbs »

Rapunzelina wrote: March 28th, 2024, 9:19 am Yes, yes, everything is possible :D
Please check again in case I missed anything else!
Yay, it worked!!! Thank you thank you.
This is such perfect timing; I will write Chris F. at the Internet Archive right now with this link. Yay!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
laurakgibbs

Post by laurakgibbs »

I just heard from Chris at the Archive: they are going to run the post at the Internet Archive next month, probably around April 15, yay! I have done a lot of bibliography work for the Archive in the past, was a witness in their defense in the awful publisher lawsuit, etc., so they interviewed me about shifting over to do this work at LibriVox... and it is perfect to have this Tales of 1928 book to feature in that post.

Hopefully the wonderful readers for this project will get more listeners as a result!!!

So, a huge THANK YOU to everybody who read the stories..... and thanks also to Rapunzelina for guiding me through my first-ever group project. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Next up: Tales of 1927! I hope to have it ready in the next week or two if anyone is interested. :D
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Wow, that is terrific!

We will be on the look out for the next anthology, for sure.

:clap: :clap:
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Congratulations Laura :D

You are making the rest of us look like amateurs :lol:
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

We are amateurs, Alan. :lol:

Except for the sprinkling of professionals among us, whom we admire and for whom we are so grateful. :thumbs:
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
laurakgibbs

Post by laurakgibbs »

Amateurs, and not ashamed to say so ha ha ha!

Although I have been prooflistening this year to books read by KirksVoice, and he used to do voice-over work! So I am very spoiled getting to prooflisten readings by a professional reader :D

I just put up Tales of 1927 and am waiting on the magic window, etc. ... and there is one POEM in there that I really hope you will read, Alan! I can just hear you reading it! :thumbs:

I'll put up another note here when the magic window is ready to go.