[MEMOIR] - Memoirs of Lady Hester Stanhope Vol II -jo

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
PhyllisV

Post by PhyllisV »

Memoirs of the Lady Hester Stanhope, Vol II, edited by Charles Lewis Meryon , by Lady Hester Stanhope (1776 - 1839)
Memoirs of the Lady Hester Stanhope, as related by herself in Conversation with her Physician, comprising her opinions and anecdotes of some of the most remarkable persons of her time, Vol II of III. Dr. Meryon was in 1810 taken on by the eccentric Lady Hester as her medical attendant, on a voyage to Sicily and the Near East. He was with her during her seven years' wanderings and saw her finally settled on Mount Lebanon. Lady Hester would talk to Meryon for hours on end into the night. (Summary by Wikipedia)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/72166

Target completion date: 2024-04-30

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Biography & Autobiography; *Non-fiction/Travel & Geography

Keywords that describe the book: memoir, Middle East, eccentrics and eccentricities, women travelers, middle east travels

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Memoirs of the Lady Hester Stanhope, Vol II, edited by Charles Lewis Meryon . This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Memoirs of the Lady Hester Stanhope, Vol II, edited by Charles Lewis Meryon , by Lady Hester Stanhope. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Memoirs of the Lady Hester Stanhope, Vol II by Lady Hester Stanhope. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Memoirs of the Lady Hester Stanhope, Vol II, edited by Charles Lewis Meryon , by Lady Hester Stanhope."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: memoirsladyhesterstanhopevolii_##_stanhope_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. memoirsladyhesterstanhopevolii_01_stanhope_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: knotyouraveragejo

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

DPL checking in. . . .
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
PhyllisV

Post by PhyllisV »

Off we go! Sections 1 and 2 ready.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

PhyllisV wrote: February 28th, 2024, 9:10 am Off we go! Sections 1 and 2 ready.
Both PL OK
~ Larry
PhyllisV

Post by PhyllisV »

3 and 4 now ready.
Back in CA?
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

PhyllisV wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 10:18 am 3 and 4 now ready.
Back in CA?
PL OK

Yes, it was an intense couple of weeks in NH, physically.
I don't like saying that I'm not as young as I used to be, but I'm feeling my limits. I joke that I'm now old enough to enter this presidential race. :lol: Oh, then I was sick with something for the week after returning which kept me out of commission.

Good progress and all should be complete in a couple of weeks. We've had a help from a LOT of people. Little odds and ends, like a shutter blowing off in the wind, to take care of. Sigh. But, we may even be able to move up the closing date by a couple of weeks. We'll see.

May be heading down to Mexico again in a few weeks with a medical team.
We're not getting the brunt of the storms that are wrecking havoc on a lot of the state, but a fair amount of rain.

Hope your winter has not been too bad.
~ Larry
PhyllisV

Post by PhyllisV »

Geez Larry I’m tired just reading this! You sure have been busy and it sounds like will continue to be.

Winter here has been very mild, and we’ve enjoyed it. We’ve even had a lot of sunshine which is unusual for upstate NY. Today it hit 71 degrees and we headed to a park along Lake Ontario (just a 10 minute drive) and it was nice to see so many people out taking walks, fishing, and birdwatching. I think this park will be our spot to view the solar eclipse in April.
PhyllisV

Post by PhyllisV »

5 - 7 now ready!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

PhyllisV wrote: March 9th, 2024, 12:01 pm 5 - 7 now ready!
All PL OK

Mild winters are nice!

Last evening our team cut the wood for the house (I'm just a wood carrier), today it was preassembled, and will be put up in a day when it gets to Mexico in two weeks. But, I will be on the medical team next week. Today we drove to meet up with a long-time friend who lives now in the Philippines. Good time, but short. We'll meet up again at a church where he is speaking tomorrow. We talked about a trip, perhaps in a year, to return to Nepal, where I spent three weeks with him, then travel up to Sikkim, India, and then on to the isolated country of Bhutan. It is one of my dream trips, so I need to save up for it. I pray that it happens.
~ Larry
PhyllisV

Post by PhyllisV »

8 and 9 ready for when you return.

I know I've said this before, and I can't believe I'm the only one saying this, but Larry, you really should write a book about all of your journeys and adventures. I hope you journal. I'll even volunteer to help edit!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

PhyllisV wrote: March 16th, 2024, 9:05 am 8 and 9 ready for when you return.

I know I've said this before, and I can't believe I'm the only one saying this, but Larry, you really should write a book about all of your journeys and adventures. I hope you journal. I'll even volunteer to help edit!
Both are PL OK
Very good job on the throat clearing comments! Love it. :mrgreen:

Okay, yes, I've been told this before. Nothing like my friend who I traveled with in Nepal. He has been in something like 124 countries and has taught formally in 80 countries. He visited us in Haiti and twice in Korea. He is quite an author so much of his travels, etc are preserved, including a chapter about me somewhere. One of his goals is to write a book about having haircuts in 100 countries. I think he is a few short. Had a nice visit with him a couple of weeks ago as he was traveling back from the Philippines where he now lives, to visit family in Ohio.

Our time in Mexico was wonderful with a lot accomplished and plans discussed for future involvement with the clinic. Our leader is from Liberia, and is planning a trip there for next month. I'd love to go, but quite a bit out of my price range. This may be just a planning trip to help organize something for next year. We'll see.

Oh, the house in New Hampshire is finally done, and a new assessment and inspection happening this weekend, then we are set for closing! What a relief that will be!
~ Larry
PhyllisV

Post by PhyllisV »

You are getting so much accomplished, Larry. That's great! For me, a great accomplishment is to record and edit a section and then clean the house :lol:

10 and 11 are ready.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Section 10 is PL OK
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Section 11 is PL OK
~ Larry
PhyllisV