[SOLO] Self-Development and the Way to Power by L.W. Rogers-ag

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
BusyBee123

Post by BusyBee123 »

Self-Development and the Way to Power, by L. W. Rogers (1859 - 1953)
"We may be either the suffering slaves of nature or the happy masters of her laws." The author explores why we suffer, why we have enemies and why the development of higher consciousness is essential for our evolution. (Summary by Helen Johnson)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/13142

Target completion date: 2024-05-22

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Self-Help

Keywords that describe the book: theosophy, consciousness, spiritual growth

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Self-Development and the Way to Power. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Self-Development and the Way to Power, by L. W. Rogers. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Self-Development and the Way to Power, by L. W. Rogers. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Self-Development and the Way to Power, by L. W. Rogers."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: selfdevelopment_##_rogers_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. selfdevelopment_01_rogers_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: alg1001

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi BusyBee,
I'll MC this for you. I'll send you a private message on how to be a Soloist and use the Magic Window.
I'll keep you here for the proof listeners see.
Have fun!
-Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
BusyBee123

Post by BusyBee123 »

Thanks Amy
I'll have a look at your PM as well,
Kind regards,
Helen
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

If you have no one else already, I am happy to DPL this.
Fan of all 80s pop music except Meatloaf.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

I'll accept your offer to be DPL on Helen's behalf. Welcome aboard!

Over to Going Solo.
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

alg1001 wrote: March 27th, 2024, 3:45 am I'll accept your offer to be DPL on Helen's behalf. Welcome aboard!

Over to Going Solo.
Thank you!
BusyBee123

Post by BusyBee123 »

Thanks for jumping aboard both of you, this is my first solo project so I'm hoping to find my feet, currently recording and editing first section.
The author wrote it all as one piece so I've divided it into 4 sections, basically intro and then his 3 main themes.
I'll keep in touch with my progress.
Kind regards,
Helen
(ps, I'm a linux user too;))
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

BusyBee123 wrote: March 29th, 2024, 6:26 am Thanks for jumping aboard both of you, this is my first solo project so I'm hoping to find my feet, currently recording and editing first section.
The author wrote it all as one piece so I've divided it into 4 sections, basically intro and then his 3 main themes.
I'll keep in touch with my progress.
Kind regards,
Helen
(ps, I'm a linux user too;))
Sounds like a good way to split it up! :thumbs:
Take as much time as you need. Enjoy your first solo!
You also use Linux! :9:
I use Ubuntu Studio. I like to open up books in Okular.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Busy Bee,
If any of the sections would be over 72-74 minutes (7000 words), please divide them up further.
Have a Happy Easter!
-Amy
BusyBee123

Post by BusyBee123 »

Hi,

Here's section 1, the length is 23:33.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/selfdevelopment_01_rogers_128kb.mp3

Let me know if I need to amend anything, happy listening!
Kind regards,
HelenJ
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

BusyBee123 wrote: April 5th, 2024, 4:54 am Hi,

Here's section 1, the length is 23:33.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/selfdevelopment_01_rogers_128kb.mp3

Let me know if I need to amend anything, happy listening!
Kind regards,
HelenJ
Hi Helen! As a soloist you are also the BC [book coordinator]; as the BC you are required to fill out the MW [magic window]. You should enter the title,section link, length and the status [e.g ready for PL].
I cannot as your DPL do anything until you've entered the section in the MW. If you need any help with this alg1001 or myself will be happy to help.

First thing. Do you have a password to be able to enter into the MW? [magic window].

Also, if you haven't already you should go the top of this project, to the left there will be a spanner symbol. In its drop down "subscribe to topic". That will give you notifications each time someone posts in this topic.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi,
I sent you the information accessing and using the MW, Helen. If you need any help, let me know.
I put your first file in there.
Thanks,
Amy
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Section 1 is PL OK.
:thumbs:
Well read. Slow and clear. :clap:
BusyBee123

Post by BusyBee123 »

Hi Amy,
I've got myself into the dashboard now, (thanks for the reminder!). I'll work my way through the wiki now..
Helen;)
BusyBee123

Post by BusyBee123 »

Hi Lightcrystal,
Glad you liked it, I'm recording section 2 now;)
Helen!