Hello from Portugal

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
joaosenna

Post by joaosenna »

Hi

Greetings from Portugal.

I love to read, and started to read a lot since I was a kid (many years ago) ;-)

I like to listen to audiobooks, because I can be hearing them when I'm just walking or commuting, activities that don't demand a lot of focused attention.
I discovered librivox many years ago, and one of the audiobooks I first heard was Siddhartha by Herman Hesse.

I love to sing and use my voice, and also did some acting along the way.

Recording audiobooks will be an excellent opportunity to practice reading aloud, and maybe find some voice over work, and also a contribution to the community of people that enjoys listening to them.

Thanks for having me.

Best regards

joaosenna

P.S. already sent the 1 minute test
vviera

Post by vviera »

joaosenna wrote: March 25th, 2024, 7:16 am Hi

Greetings from Portugal.

I love to read, and started to read a lot since I was a kid (many years ago) ;-)

I like to listen to audiobooks, because I can be hearing them when I'm just walking or commuting, activities that don't demand a lot of focused attention.
I discovered librivox many years ago, and one of the audiobooks I first heard was Siddhartha by Herman Hesse.

I love to sing and use my voice, and also did some acting along the way.

Recording audiobooks will be an excellent opportunity to practice reading aloud, and maybe find some voice over work, and also a contribution to the community of people that enjoys listening to them.

Thanks for having me.

Best regards

joaosenna

P.S. already sent the 1 minute test
Welcome/Bem-vinda, joaosenna!

It is so exciting to see people sign up for Librivox from countries outside North America – this is truly an international project! Just in the last month we’ve had people sign up in England, Belgium, Australia, Trinidad & Tobago, Switzerland, India, and the Phillipines!

For English, A lot of people start with something out of the Short Works (Poetry & Prose) forum

or read a chapter from a book. The collaborative book projects are in this forum.

Any cooperative project that's not in English is listed in the aptly named "Readers Wanted: Languages Other than English" forum.

There are three running in Portuguese right now.

After your test, is ok'd, if you haven't already seen it, a helpful place to start is the Newbie Guide to Recording.

That’s a lot of links, but it will get you started looking around the forum.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions in the forum as you get oriented. Everyone is really friendly and someone will always jump in with an answer.

Have fun!
Waiting for a clever signature line to occur to me.

Cheers, VERLA
joaosenna

Post by joaosenna »

Thank you