You know you're addicted to LV when... (slight return)

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

Cbteddy wrote: March 4th, 2024, 6:35 am
ShellyW wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 5:41 pm You consider calling in sick to work so you can stay home and record.
Or.....work from home, and maybe take a break or two to PL a chapter throughout your day because you just need to step back a moment and focus on something non-work related :)
Oh I would definitely do that! During COVID I took breaks to listen to audiobooks while playing games on my phone. Kind of the same thing :lol:
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
vviera

Post by vviera »

You're at a really excellent play with the love of your life, but you take a minute during intermission to check your BC's just to make sure you don't need to assign some sections from your phone.
Waiting for a clever signature line to occur to me.

Cheers, VERLA
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

That's what intermissions are for!
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

You fly across the country for a week with family, but download a recording and the text onto your cell and iPad before leaving so you can prooflisten on the plane…
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Winnifred wrote: April 2nd, 2024, 8:27 pm You fly across the country for a week with family, but download a recording and the text onto your cell and iPad before leaving so you can prooflisten on the plane…
Heee! That's what I do, too. :)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

LCaulkins wrote: April 2nd, 2024, 9:01 pm
Winnifred wrote: April 2nd, 2024, 8:27 pm You fly across the country for a week with family, but download a recording and the text onto your cell and iPad before leaving so you can prooflisten on the plane…
Heee! That's what I do, too. :)
Oh, good. I’m not a total weirdo. (Or if I am, I’m not the only one. :lol: )
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

You get summoned for jury duty, and the first thing you check for is WI-FI connection and if you can bring your laptop to do some PL while waiting at the courthouse. 8-)

Tomorrow will be interesting!
Cheers,
Claire

~~Books are like people, but usually more interesting~~
~~I'm not addicted to reading. I can stop as soon as I finish the next chapter~~

Come read!
The Boys' Book of Famous Rulers by Lydia Hoyt Farmer
vviera

Post by vviera »

Cbteddy wrote: April 9th, 2024, 2:10 pm You get summoned for jury duty, and the first thing you check for is WI-FI connection and if you can bring your laptop to do some PL while waiting at the courthouse. 8-)

:lol:

Cheers, VERLA
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

Cbteddy wrote: April 9th, 2024, 2:10 pm You get summoned for jury duty, and the first thing you check for is WI-FI connection and if you can bring your laptop to do some PL while waiting at the courthouse. 8-)

Update! It does work out fairly well. Brought my laptop and charger, and WIFI is actually quite fast. Able to PL a few chapters this morning waiting for the jury pool call, and also at lunch time.
Cheers,
Claire

~~I'm not addicted to reading. I can stop as soon as I finish the next chapter~~

Come read!
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Cbteddy wrote: April 10th, 2024, 9:28 am

Update! It does work out fairly well. Brought my laptop and charger, and WIFI is actually quite fast. Able to PL a few chapters this morning waiting for the jury pool call, and also at lunch time.
Can't think of a better way to pass the time while waiting in a courtroom! Hope you're listening to appropriate materials! :lol:
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

Winnifred wrote: April 10th, 2024, 10:58 am
Cbteddy wrote: April 10th, 2024, 9:28 am

Can't think of a better way to pass the time while waiting in a courtroom! Hope you're listening to appropriate materials! :lol:
Ha! I'm not currently PLing anything judicial, but I made it work :)
Cheers,
Claire

Come read!
IonaMuirgel2002

Post by IonaMuirgel2002 »

When you bore all your friends and family trying to explain what PL's, BC's, DPL's, etc. etc. are. Hey, too bad for them if they are not bright enough to understand. :D Also, four minutes after you log out, you log back in. Just to make sure that nothing interesting is happening without you! :lol: :D
"A smile is a curve that sets everything straight."
-Phyllis Diller

"There’s nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer.” – Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle 8-)
vviera

Post by vviera »

IonaMuirgel2002 wrote: April 15th, 2024, 12:56 pm When you bore all your friends and family trying to explain what PL's, BC's, DPL's, etc. etc. are. Hey, too bad for them if they are not bright enough to understand. :D Also, four minutes after you log out, you log back in. Just to make sure that nothing interesting is happening without you! :lol: :D
You log out? :shock:

Cheers, VERLA
IonaMuirgel2002

Ps. Your web is not working for LV, so you check all your other laptops (There are quite a few of them!) to see if it is just the laptop that you are on.
-Phyllis Diller

"There’s nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer.” – Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle 8-)
IonaMuirgel2002

vviera wrote: April 15th, 2024, 1:01 pm
IonaMuirgel2002 wrote: April 15th, 2024, 12:56 pm When you bore all your friends and family trying to explain what PL's, BC's, DPL's, etc. etc. are. Hey, too bad for them if they are not bright enough to understand. :D Also, four minutes after you log out, you log back in. Just to make sure that nothing interesting is happening without you! :lol: :D
You log out? :shock:
I have to, if I didn't, some mischievous little friend or sibling might decide to add to my workload by requesting multiple stories for me! Or embarrass me by... Who knows what?!? :D
-Phyllis Diller