[SOLO]兒女英雄傳 The Story of Hero Boys and Hero Girls by Wen-mas

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

I was able to download 35, pull it up in my audacity and reexport it to an MP3 that passes checker.

I've uploaded this file so the link in the MW should be to a version of 35 that passes checker.

MaryAnn
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: March 8th, 2024, 10:47 am I was able to download 35, pull it up in my audacity and reexport it to an MP3 that passes checker.

I've uploaded this file so the link in the MW should be to a version of 35 that passes checker.

MaryAnn
Thank you so much! I'll listen to this version soon :thumbs:
Cheers,
Yuqing :D
tding

Post by tding »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: March 8th, 2024, 10:42 am OK,
Check Edit / Preferences (or Ctrl P)
Audio Settings

There is a place there to enter Quality as well ... make sure they are set to 44100 Hz and 16-bit ...

MaryAnn
MaryAnn,

Audio Settings/Quality show correct parameters. I couldn't open my 35.aup3 file for some reason and the message wanted me to try installing FFmpeg which I did. Now, I could open the file. I was wanting to experiment with the Checkers you folks mentioned. Looking on the internet, I assume this is ACX-Check, which needs to be installed via Nyquist Plug-in Installer. However, after making certain that the Nyquist thing's enable, I still couldn't get it to show up as an option under Analyze. Not sure if I'm on the right path, HELP?!

Tina
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Hmm, I've never had trouble with Audacity opening an .aup3 file. It creates those files, so unless it is corrupted, I'm not sure why it couldn't open one of its own files.

The only plug in I've installed for Audacity is Replay/Gain (info here:https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=ReplayGain)

I use a separate "checker" app to validate the specs (info here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Checker).

So, within Audacity, I use replay/gain to check volume.
Outside of Audacity, I use the Checker app to check bit and sample rates on mp3 files.

Checker will also report on volume, but it's easier for me to do that within Audacity, because then I can easily correct it with the amplify function before I export it to an mp3.

As a reader, I only use Checker to check the technical aspects of my mp3 files when I do something that changes the Audacity settings. Many PLers run all the files they listen to through Checker ... that's not required, but it is very helpful because it will spot technical issues when they first arise, rather than when the project is being cataloged.

MaryAnn
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

YuqingJune wrote: March 11th, 2024, 2:02 am
MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: March 8th, 2024, 10:47 am I was able to download 35, pull it up in my audacity and reexport it to an MP3 that passes checker.

MaryAnn
Thank you so much! I'll listen to this version soon :thumbs:
SECTION 35 - SEE PL NOTES

58:25 忙叫柳條兒擰了個熱手巾 - 手巾 was read as 毛巾
1:03:17 總是這樣慌裡慌張 - 這樣 was read as 這麽
1:04:33 出了屋門兒 - 屋門 was read as 房門
1:18:37 把張進寶拉起來 - 拉起來 was read as 拉進來
1:20:18 也竟中了 - 也竟 was read as 竟也

Well done, Tina!
Cheers,
tding

Post by tding »

MaryAnn,

Thank you for the info. It seems that some of the features, including the Replay Gain plug-in, are gone after I upgraded to the latest Audacity. E.g. for Replay Gain, I do see that in the Program Files (x86) folder, but later found out that it's not in the Program Files folder. After adding it to the latter, it did show up under the Plug-in Manager List. Anyway, I don't know my updated Section 35 would pass the checker. I did try to run the MP3 file through the Checker, but the status shows Failed. I cannot tell from the listing what really was wrong. The details can be seen by clicking this link - https://leapers-my.sharepoint.com/:i:/p/tding/EdeVIW_XEA9Pn1xwqL_SbIgBFtzShz8WoofzELTgplMn2A?e=d8XeZK.

Yuqing,

I made the corrections you found. Thank you. However, I am not sure if it will pass. If it doesn't, I'm at a loss on next steps! Again, really appreciate your patience.

Tina
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

tding wrote: March 20th, 2024, 7:44 am MaryAnn,

Thank you for the info. It seems that some of the features, including the Replay Gain plug-in, are gone after I upgraded to the latest Audacity. E.g. for Replay Gain, I do see that in the Program Files (x86) folder, but later found out that it's not in the Program Files folder. After adding it to the latter, it did show up under the Plug-in Manager List. Anyway, I don't know my updated Section 35 would pass the checker. I did try to run the MP3 file through the Checker, but the status shows Failed. I cannot tell from the listing what really was wrong. The details can be seen by clicking this link - https://leapers-my.sharepoint.com/:i:/p/tding/EdeVIW_XEA9Pn1xwqL_SbIgBFtzShz8WoofzELTgplMn2A?e=d8XeZK.

Yuqing,

I made the corrections you found. Thank you. However, I am not sure if it will pass. If it doesn't, I'm at a loss on next steps! Again, really appreciate your patience.

Tina
SECTION 35 - PL OK

Hi Tina! Checker gave the green light :clap:
Cheers,
tding

Post by tding »

MaryAnn and Yuqing,

Thank you both for the assistance. I'll be away for about a month, so it will take more time than usual for me to submit the next section. Just a heads up...I'm not giving up! In the meantime, wherever you are, I hope you'll have an enjoyable spring.

Tina
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

You are so close on such a major project! I have no doubt that you will finish when your schedule allows!

Enjoy your travels, and the blossoming of Spring!

MaryAnn
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

tding wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 11:58 am MaryAnn and Yuqing,

Thank you both for the assistance. I'll be away for about a month, so it will take more time than usual for me to submit the next section. Just a heads up...I'm not giving up! In the meantime, wherever you are, I hope you'll have an enjoyable spring.

Tina
Thank you for letting us know! Have a good one :thumbs:
Cheers,