Nice to be here!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
foliver

Post by foliver »

:D Hi! I'm Felix 🧸 (he/him) :clap:
I'm from Alaska 🏔🫎☃️
and I'm excited to be here!
A lover of games, style, and music. My life is filled with crafts, cooking, podcasts, friends, tiktok, art, and design.
Also I'm literally a candy and sweets dragon :P
I love my cat, Sebastian Basil :9: I also love my stuffies, and candle collection.
I like being silly and learning new things
what are some of your favorite unsolved cases?
vviera

Post by vviera »

foliver wrote: March 20th, 2024, 12:49 am :D Hi! I'm Felix 🧸 (he/him) :clap:
I'm from Alaska 🏔🫎☃️
and I'm excited to be here!
A lover of games, style, and music. My life is filled with crafts, cooking, podcasts, friends, tiktok, art, and design.
Also I'm literally a candy and sweets dragon :P
I love my cat, Sebastian Basil :9: I also love my stuffies, and candle collection.
I like being silly and learning new things
what are some of your favorite unsolved cases?
Welcome, Felix!
I hear about some really interesting unsolved cases on my favorite podcast, Buried Bones. It is a journalist who writes about historical true crime cases, talking to a modern cold case investigator. Most of the cases are from the 19th or early 20th century, and the investigator weighs in with modern forensic techniques that might have been used to solve the cases (if they had existed then). As the intro says, "Some of them are solved. And some of them are cold. Very cold."

To get started on LV, do your 1-Minute Test. It's not an audition - just a chance to make sure that all the technical settings you're using when recording match Librivox requirements.

After you're OK'd on that, browse the forums for a project you'd like to participate in. Most people start with a chapter in a book or some other short work. Post a claim for a section in the corresponding thread when you see something you'd like to record.

Any time you have a question, post in one of the forums, and someone will pop in to help you out.

And always have fun!
Waiting for a clever signature line to occur to me.

Cheers, VERLA