COMPLETE: Harper's Young People, Vol. 01, Issue 39 - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

Thank you for your section! I'm glad you were able to still contribute to the project. Our dedicated proof listener (DPL), Jordan, will be by sometime in the near future to listen and give you feedback. Thanks again!

Jill
JorWat

Post by JorWat »

MattFlowitt wrote: March 9th, 2024, 8:52 pm Apologies for the delay. I've made the recommended corrections to section 4 and am posting section 3

Section 3 - https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/hyp39_03_various_128kb.mp3 (9:34)

Section 4 - https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/hyp39_04_various_128kb.mp3 (13:37)
Both are PL OK
0:00: Before you say the section title ('The Story of the Daisies'), you need to include the intro text listed in the first post: "Section 6 of Harper's Young People, Volume 1, Issue 39, July 27, 1880. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org. Harper's Young People, Volume 1, Issue 39, July 27, 1880." Also, the opening silence should be '0.5 to 1 second'.
1:52: "a gray-haired minister, a crowded church" should be "a gray-haired minister in a crowded church"
1:56: This long gap could be shortened
2:01: I'm hearing "was arrayed like one of those... these"
2:12: Failed take between "They go to a large city" and "where nothing is seen" that should be edited out
2:22: 'trampling' in "and the ringing of bells, and the trampling...tramping of horses" should be edited out
3:13: 'trowel' in "with a trowel in his hand" is pronounced to rhyme with 'towel' (TROU-uhl), not 'bowl'
3:49: "but the end of a row blooming plants" should be "but at the end of a row of blooming plants"
4:06: 'misshapen' in "because one of his feet was sadly misshapen" is 'mis-shapen', not 'miss-hapen', so pronounced 'mis-SHEY-puhn'
4:09: Failed take of "and in him arms he carried" which should be edited out
4:21: I'm hearing "the man said called, cheerily" rather than "the man called, cheerily"
5:50: Failed take of "The floor of this room was bare" which should be edited out
6:48: "and a piece of paper on which a rude attempt at a painting of a bunch of daisies" should be "and a piece of paper on which was a rude attempt at a painting of a bunch of daisies"
7:59: There's some sort of computer chime in the middle of "To-day's your birthday: thirteen years old", probably a good idea to re-record this sentence.
7:59: Failed take of "she was" between "and soon as" and "he was gone" which should be edited out
8:29: Long gap which should be edited out
9:36: "On floor and shelves they bloomed in cracked pinchers" should be "On floor and shelves they bloomed in cracked pitchers"
9:42: Two failed takes here that should be edited out.
10:09: Failed take of "For three months long" should be edited out
10:33: Failed take of 'painter' between "And the young flower" and "painter growing stronger" should be edited out
10:42: You need to include the outro text listed in the first post: "End of section 6." You also need '5 seconds of silence at the end'

One other thing to note: the file name should be 'hyp39_06_various_128kb.mp3', again, as listed in the first post. It's also typical that you post the track length when you post it here, to make it easier to add to the Magic Window.

For future reference, when you submit a recording, it's supposed to be what you believe to be the finished recording, with any errors edited out. My job as DPL is to just double check there's nothing wrong.
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.
amatoheart

Post by amatoheart »

jillebean

Post by jillebean »

JorWat

Post by JorWat »

Jordan

jillebean

Post by jillebean »

Section 1 is back open to be claimed. A faster than usual turnaround is appreciated so we can get this issue finished up. Thanks!

Jill
Kishan

Post by Kishan »

Hi, I noticed section 1 has been kept open again. It was allotted for me but i needed a few days. I have worked on it already and have the file ready to upload. I would like to request them to let me have it back, so that i can upload the file right away. I had college admission process and college courses happening all at the same time, so sorry for the delay. I have the file ready and can upload it right away when they open it. Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

Kishan wrote: April 10th, 2024, 2:16 am Hi, I noticed section 1 has been kept open again. It was allotted for me but i needed a few days. I have worked on it already and have the file ready to upload. I would like to request them to let me have it back, so that i can upload the file right away. I had college admission process and college courses happening all at the same time, so sorry for the delay. I have the file ready and can upload it right away when they open it. Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.
Hi Kishan!

I'm glad to hear you're still able to do this section. We usually ask that you complete your section within two months of your claiming it. However, we're all volunteers here and real life happens so it's always okay to ask for an extension if you need it. We just ask that you keep in touch about your progress so we know you haven't ghosted us.

I have listed a one week deadline in the magic window for your section but if in a week you need more time, just let me know. Thanks for your work on this project!

Jill
Kishan

Post by Kishan »

jillebean wrote: April 10th, 2024, 8:07 am
Kishan wrote: April 10th, 2024, 2:16 am Hi, I noticed section 1 has been kept open again. It was allotted for me but i needed a few days. I have worked on it already and have the file ready to upload. I would like to request them to let me have it back, so that i can upload the file right away. I had college admission process and college courses happening all at the same time, so sorry for the delay. I have the file ready and can upload it right away when they open it. Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.
Hi Kishan!

I'm glad to hear you're still able to do this section. We usually ask that you complete your section within two months of your claiming it. However, we're all volunteers here and real life happens so it's always okay to ask for an extension if you need it. We just ask that you keep in touch about your progress so we know you haven't ghosted us.

I have listed a one week deadline in the magic window for your section but if in a week you need more time, just let me know. Thanks for your work on this project!

Jill
Thank you very much for understanding. I am uploading the recording now.
Kishan

Post by Kishan »

Hello, here is section 1’s recording:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/hyp39_01_various_128kb.mp3

Time: 10:00

Thank you.
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

Kishan wrote: April 10th, 2024, 12:25 pm Hello, here is section 1’s recording:

Thank you.
Thank you!

Jill 🙂
JorWat

Post by JorWat »

Thank you.
1:26: You're missing the paragraph that starts "Well, no, they don't indulge..." and ends "...how much good they do."
5:23 (not required): 'begrimed' and 'perspiring' in "Begrimed and perspiring, and panting with impatience" are usually pronounced 'bih-GRAHYMD' (i.e. like 'timed' or 'climbed') and 'per-SPAHYR-ing' (i.e. like 'wiring' or 'inspiring')
Jordan

Kishan

Post by Kishan »

JorWat wrote: April 14th, 2024, 6:03 am

Thank you.
1:26: You're missing the paragraph that starts "Well, no, they don't indulge..." and ends "...how much good they do."
5:23 (not required): 'begrimed' and 'perspiring' in "Begrimed and perspiring, and panting with impatience" are usually pronounced 'bih-GRAHYMD' (i.e. like 'timed' or 'climbed') and 'per-SPAHYR-ing' (i.e. like 'wiring' or 'inspiring')
Thank you for the PL notes, I will fix it and send it here by Sunday or Monday (I have my college class exam on Saturday, so I am focusing on that for now, after that is complete, I will definitely be able to finish and upload on Sunday night or at most, Monday morning).
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

Sounds good. Good luck on your exam! Thanks for the update.

Jill
Kishan

Post by Kishan »

Hello, here is the updated version of section 1.

Time: 10:09

Thank you.