Hola!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona »

I'm Caet, I live in Los Angeles, and I think this is the best idea ever, basically. I'm so excited to start reading books.
vee

Post by vee »

Sounds great Caet. Whenever you're ready, just go ahead and jump on in. If you have questions let us know.

BTW how far is Disneyland from downtown LA? Planning to visit next week.

Chris
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

Welcome to LibriVox, Caet!

Head on over to the Readers Wanted: Short Works section and pick out something you like. The Weekly Poetry Piece or one of Aesop's Fables are good starter pieces. Give it a shot and see how you like it before diving into the more challenging stuff found in Readers Wanted: Books.

Glad you dropped on in, Caet - it's great to hear a fresh voice in the mix!
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain
Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona »

Depends on where you're staying in L.A. If you mean downtown L.A. proper then it'd be an hour's drive south, or thereabouts (not accounting for traffic). If you're not staying in Anaheim overnight I'd leave for Disneyland at the crack of dawn and get there when the park opens. Oh, and be sure to save Splash Mountain for the last ride of the day -- no one wants to ride a water ride late at night, but it's the most fun you'll ever have. :-)
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

hi Caeristhiona, welcome!
drpate0715

Post by drpate0715 »

Caeristhiona wrote: March 13th, 2006, 11:00 pm Depends on where you're staying in L.A. If you mean downtown L.A. proper then it'd be an hour's drive south, or thereabouts (not accounting for traffic). If you're not staying in Anaheim overnight I'd leave for Disneyland at the crack of dawn and get there when the park opens. Oh, and be sure to save Splash Mountain for the last ride of the day -- no one wants to ride a water ride late at night, but it's the most fun you'll ever have. :-)
Hi Kirsten,
I’ve just come across several of your readings. You’re my new favorite!