[COMPLETE]The Marquis of Lossie, MacDonald-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

HannahMary wrote: February 17th, 2024, 5:08 pm Section 40 includes question over a pronunciation and repeat around 8:27.
Thanks for catching that. I know how I missed it, too. I heard it while editing and decided maybe I better look up that pronunciation after all, which I didn't do at the time of recording. And then I found out that the pronunciation I settled on while recording was wrong, but that I didn't think it worthwhile to rerecord. And then I went on about my business! :lol:

Ready for spot PL.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Makes sense. All are PL OK through 44! Some of my favorite conversations in the book! And I need to look up that moonlight song to enjoy in print as well.
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Two more are ready.

I must have been tired when I recorded chapter 45. I kept editing out yawns, and once, there was a whole line that I skipped over in recording, resulting in a nonsense sentence. Which I didn't even notice at the time, and just kept on going. :roll: Hopefully the patch isn't too obvious.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

No wonder you were tired at that time... pushing through recording while moving! You kept the tone of the patch very consistent, and I don't think many will even notice the new recording setup.

I had been looking forward to the comments about the woodworker's shop as that idea has stuck with me since first reading the Philips version years ago! And a couple of great quotes are sending me to my hardcover reproduction copy of the original edition to read them again!

45 and 46 are PL OK.
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

And 47 is ready.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

I am like "a kid in a candy shop" every time I see new chapters here! 47 is PL OK. I just updated the duration from 14:47 to 14:41 according to the Checker result. And should I delete the page numbers before the durations on the past three chapters, or do you still need them for something?
~ Hannah
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Oh, I guess I got confused on the run time for that one and entered the wrong thing. Thanks!

No, I just leave the page numbers for you, in case anything sounds off and you want to check the text. Once they are PL ok, we don't need them.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

48-50 are ready!

49 in particular had some drastic volume differences in Malcolm's conversation with Rose. I think those will have been smoothed out in editing, but if you hear any spots where it's still too loud or soft, let me know, and I'll tweak it a bit more.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

PL OK through 50! The volumes worked out very well, though l understand why that section would be difficult to edit!
~ Hannah
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

And a bonus chapter for this week! Chapter 51 is ready.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Yay! 51 is PL OK!

I'd love to experience that sail up the coast...
~ Hannah
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

One chapter is ready for PL today. Probably a couple more over the weekend.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

And chapter 53 is ready. Again, I made a few mistakes in this one that I didn't catch at the time. One I was able to patch pretty admirably, I think. The rest I decided weren't important enough to bother. I was certainly tired when I recorded this, and I think I'll add that kind of marathon recording that I did to my list of things never to do again. :roll: :lol:

I also got frustrated once or twice with MacDonald's long and rambling sentences in this chapter: viewtopic.php?p=2306191#p2306191
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

52 and 53 are PL OK. Ah yes, the things we will never attempt again...!

And those long sentences. No wonder readers often say they can understand MacDonald better when well-read than reading for themselves. But that means we narrators have the pressure of trying to understand it all first! At least the sentence structure, as you said. :lol:
~ Hannah
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

And here are 54 and 55. While the goal I set was three per week, I've been happy to exceed that goal a little. Especially because in two weeks from now, I'll be swamped with work stuff, and I may not be able to do anything that weekend.