Youtube

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Alondra

Post by Alondra »

Hi,

I have been around for quite some time, associated with Librivox and I would like to know who is responsible for putting the Librivox recordings on Youtube. I only ask as I am trying to put all my recordings on a dedicated channel I have already set up. I have no idea how to do it, so would appreciate some advice. I have tried doing it but for some reason Youtube won't let me. Any programs or ease of doing knowledge out there would be greatly received.

Thank you so much.

Sandra (Alondra)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

User BengtW is the user that takes care of the YouTube channel.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Alondra wrote: February 18th, 2024, 1:23 pm Hi,

I have been around for quite some time, associated with Librivox and I would like to know who is responsible for putting the Librivox recordings on Youtube. I only ask as I am trying to put all my recordings on a dedicated channel I have already set up. I have no idea how to do it, so would appreciate some advice. I have tried doing it but for some reason Youtube won't let me. Any programs or ease of doing knowledge out there would be greatly received.

Thank you so much.

Sandra (Alondra)
I've set up a playlist for my recordings. I go to my particular video(s) in the Librivox channel, click the three dots on the right underneath the video window and select "Save." A list of my playlists pops up and I click the box for the appropriate one.

It's a bit of a tedious process, because I have to search for, select, and save each video individually, but it works. I try to update mine regularly so I'm not spending hours on it.

This isn't a channel, however, but just a playlist within my channel, containing links to my Librivox recordings. I believe that if you wanted to have them show up in a new standalone channel, you'd have to upload the videos yourself (and I don't believe you can download the ones from the Librivox channel to do this). But I can go and look at my readings in my playlist and see any comments that have been left on them.

Not sure if that helps?

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
Alondra

Post by Alondra »

Hi Winnifred,

Thanks for your reply. I shall have a try with what you do, although if its tedious I tend to lose the will to live! ha ha. Any help is welcome. Thank you very much.
\
Sandra
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Alondra wrote: February 28th, 2024, 11:04 am Hi Winnifred,

Thanks for your reply. I shall have a try with what you do, although if its tedious I tend to lose the will to live! ha ha. Any help is welcome. Thank you very much.
\
Sandra
It's only tedious if you leave doing it for too long and have a lot to add to the list. The first time might seem a bit tedious if you've got a lot of readings, but if you remember to do it every time (or every other time) you add a new title after that, it's a breeze.
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)