Hello librivoxers!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

Hi!!! I just discovered today is my one month librivox forum anniversary!
I don't know how long I have been a listener, but a month ago I realized I was so obsessed with public domain audiobooks that I wanted to take it to the next level. :D
Little did I know that recording was even more addictive than listening! :mrgreen:
So...
my name is Shelly. I have self-published a couple books that no one has ever heard of. They are on amazon.
My dad and I made a video game that is hosted on shellyweingart.com.
I am 2 weeks away from semi-retirement as a life skills coach with young adults with disabilities. I have lived on or near Cape Cod for most of the last 35ish years. Born on the other coast.
I am having so much fun here.
Thank you all Librivoxers for making this place possible!! :clap:
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

ShellyW wrote: February 27th, 2024, 2:16 pm Hi!!! I just discovered today is my one month librivox forum anniversary!
I don't know how long I have been a listener, but a month ago I realized I was so obsessed with public domain audiobooks that I wanted to take it to the next level. :D
Little did I know that recording was even more addictive than listening! :mrgreen:
So...
my name is Shelly. I have self-published a couple books that no one has ever heard of. They are on amazon.
My dad and I made a video game that is hosted on shellyweingart.com.
I am 2 weeks away from semi-retirement as a life skills coach with young adults with disabilities. I have lived on or near Cape Cod for most of the last 35ish years. Born on the other coast.
I am having so much fun here.
Thank you all Librivoxers for making this place possible!! :clap:
Congrats on the one-month anniversary! Yes, this stuff is addictive, isn’t it? I started two years ago, and find it hard to get through a day without a Librivox fix. I keep taking on new challenges. Started with just reading, then solos, then moved on to book coordination, proof listening, and now I’m dipping my toes into dramatic readings. Each new area has been a lot of fun, and this community is just the best.

I did the reverse journey from you. I’m retired on the West Coast, on the Canadian side of the border, after (mis)spending my youth in the East (southern Ontario).

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

Congrats on the one-month anniversary! Yes, this stuff is addictive, isn’t it? I started two years ago, and find it hard to get through a day without a Librivox fix. I keep taking on new challenges. Started with just reading, then solos, then moved on to book coordination, proof listening, and now I’m dipping my toes into dramatic readings. Each new area has been a lot of fun, and this community is just the best.

I did the reverse journey from you. I’m retired on the West Coast, on the Canadian side of the border, after (mis)spending my youth in the East (southern Ontario).

Cheers,
Thanks Winnifred. My parents lived in Hope, BC for a while.
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

ShellyW wrote: February 27th, 2024, 4:20 pm
Thanks Winnifred. My parents lived in Hope, BC for a while.
A lovely place. I’ve been there a few times.
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)