Greetings from Rosneath, Scotland

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
cameronag

Post by cameronag »

Hello, I'm Alistair Cameron, in Rosneath, Scotland.

I came across Librivox while searching for audiobooks for my wife. It occurred to me that volunteer reading is the sort of thing I could usefully do. I've previously worked in amateur (mostly) and semi-professional (once or twice) theatre.

My reading is mostly SF but I'm currently ploughing through War and Peace (because you have to, don't you) while taking some breaks with Ian Banks' "Inversions". I also enjoy Mick Herron's "Slow Horses" series.

Hope I can make a contribution.
vviera

Post by vviera »

cameronag wrote: February 18th, 2024, 10:10 am Hello, I'm Alistair Cameron, in Rosneath, Scotland.

I came across Librivox while searching for audiobooks for my wife. It occurred to me that volunteer reading is the sort of thing I could usefully do. I've previously worked in amateur (mostly) and semi-professional (once or twice) theatre.

My reading is mostly SF but I'm currently ploughing through War and Peace (because you have to, don't you) while taking some breaks with Ian Banks' "Inversions". I also enjoy Mick Herron's "Slow Horses" series.

Hope I can make a contribution.
Hi, Alistair!

I love seeing readers from many different countries on Librivox. It's one of my favorite things.

By "SF" I assume you mean sci-fi? You will have lots of brethren here if that's the case!

To get started, do your 1-Minute Test. It's not an audition - just a chance to make sure that all the technical settings you're using when recording match Librivox requirements.

After you're OK'd on that, browse the forums for a project you'd like to participate in. Most people start with a chapter in a book or some other short work. Post a claim for a section in the corresponding thread when you see something you'd like to record.

Any time you have a question, post in one of the forums, and someone will pop in to help you out.

Welcome!
Waiting for a clever signature line to occur to me.

Cheers, VERLA
cameronag

Post by cameronag »

Thanks, starting with something simple before heading off-planet!

A.