NON-FICTION: Sign Language Among North American - rap

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

vmtem wrote: February 9th, 2024, 10:48 am Hi, I'd like to volunteer to read sections 65, 66, & 67, please!

Also, the text has various cited works throughout, and I cannot find the post I saw regarding how to read those aloud or if I should. Please advise. Thank you!
Hi and welcome to Librivox! Thank you so much for volunteering! It looks like you have already done your 1-minute test. Thank you for doing that first. At this point I can add you to the reader's catalog. When I do that, there are three fields to fill out.

1- Username
This one is easy. You have given it to me already!
2- Display Name
If you would like your real name or a different handle connected to your readings. Otherwise this can also be your username again. No worries.
3- Website
If you have a website that you would like viewable and reachable from your projects here at Librivox, this will allow that.

If you click on your name in the Magic Window, you will be taken to your catalog page.

If you make a mistake or need to change it later, just reach out to the admin team here at Librivox and they can change the database.

Please give me this information and I will get you set up and assign the sections to you. I will place a hold for now so I don't forget you would like them!

Regarding the citations you mentioned. Some of my projects I like to have them all stated. In this project I am leaving it up to the reader. Where you think it makes sense to have them, you may sprinkle them in. I am not requiring any of them.

Thanks again. I look forward to hearing back from you soon. :thumbs:
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
vmtem

Post by vmtem »

Hi Anthony,

Thank you! For #2, my name should be Victoria Temple. As for #3, I do not have any website I would like listed.

Thanks again! Looking forward to reading on this project.
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Thank you Victoria! You are in the system and I have assigned you your requested sections. Enjoy your recording experience!
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
ccam

Post by ccam »

Hello!

I'm interested in recording Section 34. Notable Points for Further Researchers, Introduction and Invention of New Signs.

:)
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

ccam wrote: February 20th, 2024, 5:07 pm Hello!

I'm interested in recording Section 34. Notable Points for Further Researchers, Introduction and Invention of New Signs.

:)
Thank you! I have assigned you section 34.
Anthony

vmtem

Post by vmtem »

Here is Section 65 (duration 7:29)
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/signlanguage_65_mallery_128kb.mp3

This is my first ever recording, so I am uploading before I finish my other two sections in case I need to change anything! :) Thank you so much and please provide any constructive feedback!
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

vmtem wrote: February 23rd, 2024, 1:19 pm Here is Section 65 (duration 7:29)
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/signlanguage_65_mallery_128kb.mp3

This is my first ever recording, so I am uploading before I finish my other two sections in case I need to change anything! :) Thank you so much and please provide any constructive feedback!
How exciting! So many people come on with great intentions and then disappear after some claims. It is nice to have you here and sticking around. Your recording was perfect for technical specifications and the reading was wonderful! Great job nailing the intro and outro too. Those are often forgotten. Keep up work like this and you will have no issues around here. So glad to have you helping me out!

:clap: :9: :thumbs:
Anthony

vmtem

Post by vmtem »

Thank you! It was a lot to learn since I have no recording or editing experience, but I am glad to be a part of the community and hopefully will improve and learn more moving forward. Thanks for the feedback, and I will be submitting my other two sections in due time.
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

vmtem wrote: February 24th, 2024, 12:57 pm Thank you! It was a lot to learn since I have no recording or editing experience, but I am glad to be a part of the community and hopefully will improve and learn more moving forward. Thanks for the feedback, and I will be submitting my other two sections in due time.
Sounds good. I also do not record so you have more experience than me! Haha. It is a great community and there are always people willing to help you. There are also a lot of wikis out there so never be afraid to ask! I look forward to your next sections. But no need to be in a huge rush. There are other sections open yet so no biggie! No stress. This is about enjoyment. I do it because I hate the radio.
Anthony

ccam

Post by ccam »

Hello!

Here is Section 34: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/signlanguage_34_mallery_128kb.mp3
Duration: 04:26

In the MW, the 34-40 section titles are listed as "Notable Points for Further Researchers...", however the section title in the text is "Notable Points for Further Researches". I have used the latter. Please advise.

Best regards,
C
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

ccam wrote: February 25th, 2024, 11:35 am Hello!

Here is Section 34: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/signlanguage_34_mallery_128kb.mp3
Duration: 04:26

In the MW, the 34-40 section titles are listed as "Notable Points for Further Researchers...", however the section title in the text is "Notable Points for Further Researches". I have used the latter. Please advise.

Best regards,
C

Thank you for the submission and the information. I have updated the MW.
Anthony

LuckyTrefle

Post by LuckyTrefle »

Hello there! Could I claim sections 68 - 72 if they're still available?
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

LuckyTrefle wrote: February 26th, 2024, 8:26 am Hello there! Could I claim sections 68 - 72 if they're still available?
They are all yours! Thanks so much for helping me with this project. :9:
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 34

PL OK
Anthony

elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

May I have sections 31-33?
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919