Well, Let's Give This A Shot

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
amberkay2332

Post by amberkay2332 »

Oh, hi!

I'm a former theatre professional who's had a career shift post pandy. I love to read, and have been missing the acting world - I thought audiobooks seemed like the way to go! It also helps that I've got a sound editing partner who's editing software and sound equipment are fair game, haha. I've never done V/O work, so rather than jump blindly towards a professional contract I wanted to learn from you fine folks and see if I could hone some skills along the way. I love fantasy and sci fi, but I'd be willing to try out any fiction narration. I'm an introvert and have been nervous to put myself out there, but everyone seems so nice thus far - I'm excited to get started!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Welcome! Good to have you on board.

As an actor, you might also be interested in some of our dramatic readings (either plays or regular books converted into readings where each reader takes on one of the characters). They've got people editing all the different voices together to make the final recording. 8-)

But certainly, do what you want! Don't let me push you in any direction. :mrgreen:
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

You might find this resource useful then: https://www.narratorsroadmap.com
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page