Hello from Australia!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Damerel

Post by Damerel »

Hi there,

I'm a long time listener to Librivox and have always gotten a lot of pleasure out of the various recordings. I've now decided to jump in and lend my voice to the project :).

I've done my 1 minute test, so now looking forward to browsing the various projects and getting involved.

Cheers,

Damerel.
vviera

Post by vviera »

Damerel wrote: February 23rd, 2024, 4:24 pm Hi there,

I'm a long time listener to Librivox and have always gotten a lot of pleasure out of the various recordings. I've now decided to jump in and lend my voice to the project :).

I've done my 1 minute test, so now looking forward to browsing the various projects and getting involved.

Cheers,

Damerel.
Welcome! I know we have quite a few Aussies around here, and one of the cool things about Librivox is how many different voices and accents we have. I do a lot of prooflistening (PL), and it's one of the things I enjoy most.

I see you got an OK on your test the first time out, so that's a good sign! Winnifred recommended a short work, which is a good idea. Or, you might try a book chapter.

In any case, have fun! And if you have any questions, post them in any forum and someone will pop in to help you out.
Waiting for a clever signature line to occur to me.

Cheers, VERLA