COMPLETE: Ruth Fielding at the War Front by Alice B. Emerson -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

HelenColeAuthor wrote: February 15th, 2024, 11:44 am :lol: Yes, I noticed I'm one of two people in the "group". Haha

I am prepared to complete chapter 10 before my due date March 08, but I'm wondering if you would like to keep the same narrator at this point. :wink:

I'm happy to do it and really enjoy the story, but if it would be best to have continuity, I'm happy to search for another project. How would you like me to proceed?

Helen
Entirely up to you. We like everyone to contribute as they prefer. If you wish to find another project, please feel free, but I am fine with you adding a chapter to this story, too. It's funny that there was no apparent interest from others, although maybe I started recording too much. I hope I didn't 'scare' people off.

It's so nice of you to write, Helen. Please do as you prefer.
HelenColeAuthor

Post by HelenColeAuthor »

I will go ahead and bow out on this one, and enjoy the book as a listener this time. I don't know if it scared anyone off, but even if it did, what a happy little accident. I took a little listen to the parts you have done so far and it is a lovely recording, executed very well. I'm excited to listen to it when it goes live! :clap:
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

HelenColeAuthor wrote: February 15th, 2024, 2:12 pm I will go ahead and bow out on this one, and enjoy the book as a listener this time. I don't know if it scared anyone off, but even if it did, what a happy little accident. I took a little listen to the parts you have done so far and it is a lovely recording, executed very well. I'm excited to listen to it when it goes live! :clap:
Thank you. If I can ever assist you in anything Librivox, please ask. It's encouraging to me to hear that I'm still doing an adequate job in recording. As I get a bit older, I often wonder.
HelenColeAuthor

It's encouraging to learn that other people doubt themselves too. The parts I've listened to so far are very professional recordings and I think it's safe to say you can check this off your list of things you are officially good at. :D

I appreciate your offer to help me with questions. I am still somewhat new to leave librivox and voice acting in general. And with little ones at home, I'm limited to how often I can practice or record new things when the house is empty, so I'm just easing in a bit, but really enjoying it.

Since you offered to help, I do have one question but didn't know where to ask. Is there a way to bookmark certain forum conversations so I don't have to search for it each time? Or do you have any suggestions on how you keep track of which projects you're working on?

I appreciate any help you can give. Thanks again!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

HelenColeAuthor wrote: February 15th, 2024, 2:38 pm It's encouraging to learn that other people doubt themselves too. The parts I've listened to so far are very professional recordings and I think it's safe to say you can check this off your list of things you are officially good at. :D

I appreciate your offer to help me with questions. I am still somewhat new to leave librivox and voice acting in general. And with little ones at home, I'm limited to how often I can practice or record new things when the house is empty, so I'm just easing in a bit, but really enjoying it.

Since you offered to help, I do have one question but didn't know where to ask. Is there a way to bookmark certain forum conversations so I don't have to search for it each time? Or do you have any suggestions on how you keep track of which projects you're working on?

I appreciate any help you can give. Thanks again!
Here is your works-in-progress page: https://librivox.org/sections/readers/17863. This is very helpful for keeping track of what you are working on and its status.

Also, do you see where there is a 'wrench' emblem next to the 'Post Reply' button? This is a pull-down menu of things that can be done, including subscribing to that particular thread. The system will alert you when something as been added to the thread.

I hope this answers your questions. If not, I will try again.
HelenColeAuthor

This is super helpful! Thank you so much.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

HelenColeAuthor wrote: February 16th, 2024, 8:53 pm This is super helpful! Thank you so much.
You're welcome!
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Sec.10 and the entire book PL OK :thumbs: :clap: :9:
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

chulsky wrote: February 18th, 2024, 1:56 pm Sec.10 and the entire book PL OK :thumbs: :clap: :9:
Thank you! Thank you very much for your help!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: December 27th, 2023, 8:41 pm I`ll MC for you, Kevin. I'll get your MW up shortly.
Polite and gentle reminder. We are all done here. No rush!
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Congratulations Kevin on completion of this solo recording for LibriVox! This book is now in the LibriVox catalog and available for listeners to download. Please check the catalog page and let me know if any changes are needed:

https://librivox.org/ruth-fielding-at-the-war-front-by-alice-b-emerson/

Sorry for the delay. Started it, then it slipped off my radar.
Jo
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: February 22nd, 2024, 12:19 pm Congratulations Kevin on completion of this solo recording for LibriVox! This book is now in the LibriVox catalog and available for listeners to download. Please check the catalog page and let me know if any changes are needed:

https://librivox.org/ruth-fielding-at-the-war-front-by-alice-b-emerson/

Sorry for the delay. Started it, then it slipped off my radar.
Many thanks to you and our DPL!