My 1-minute test - Kconstan22 [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files.
kconstan22

Post by kconstan22 »

Hey Folx,

Below is my 1min test
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_kconstan22.mp3

I'm using a Rode NT1
Scarlett Solo
Recording on Ableton Live Lte
Editing on Davinci Resolve
Mac

Thanks in advance for the feedback!
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

kconstan22 wrote: February 20th, 2024, 12:42 pm Hey Folx,

Below is my 1min test

I'm using a Rode NT1
Scarlett Solo
Recording on Ableton Live Lte
Editing on Davinci Resolve
Mac

Thanks in advance for the feedback!
Welcome to Librivox, Khari!

You have a pleasant and animated voice. Your test needs a few corrections, however. Librivox requires audio files that are in mono, with a sample rate of 44100 Hz, a constant bit rate of 128 kbps, and at a volume between 86 and 92 dB. Your file is in stereo (joint), with a sample rate of 4800 Hz, a bit rate of 320 kbps, and a volume too low at 64.4 dB.

If you want to doublecheck your own technical specs, including volume, after recording, you can download and use the free standalone tool Checker to pre-check your MP3 file before you upload it.

Please adjust your settings, re-record your test, and re-upload it here. I will come back and listen to it.

Thanks,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
The First Sir Percy (Scarlet Pimpernel prequel)
"The Woggle-Bug Book" in Dramatic Reading & Story Collection 5 (dramatic reading of L. Frank Baum story)
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

There might be some useful info about Ableton here.
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
St. Augustine (Vol.6 Psalms 126-150) 96% 2 left!
Emotions by James McCosh 86% 3 left!
kconstan22

Post by kconstan22 »

Hey there! Thanks for the feedback.

I've decided to convert to the Audacity overlords (it is actually much easier). Here is my new test:

Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

kconstan22 wrote: February 21st, 2024, 2:05 pm Hey there! Thanks for the feedback.

I've decided to convert to the Audacity overlords (it is actually much easier). Here is my new test:

I'm glad to hear it's easier. Always nice to simplify matters. Your recording now meets all the Librivox standards! Be careful not to go any louder in future recordings, as your volume is currently at 91.8 kB, which is only 0.3 kB away from being too loud.

I suggest heading over to the "Readers Wanted: Short Works (Poetry & Prose)" forum to find your first recording. There are lots of short options there in all genres. Let the book coordinator of your first reading know if you want a different name than kconstan22 in the Librivox catalogue.

If you have questions along the way, the "Need Help? Got Advice?” forum is a useful place to get answers.

Happy reading!

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
"The Woggle-Bug Book" in Dramatic Reading & Story Collection 5 (dramatic reading of L. Frank Baum story)
kconstan22

Post by kconstan22 »

Awesome, thanks for your help! Definitely will monitor the volume as that was trickiest part in getting an acceptable recording this time.
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

kconstan22 wrote: February 21st, 2024, 4:42 pm Awesome, thanks for your help! Definitely will monitor the volume as that was trickiest part in getting an acceptable recording this time.
There's some useful information (with screenshots) about setting up volume in Audacity 3.4.2 in this post if you ever need it.

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted: