Hey Folx!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
kconstan22

Post by kconstan22 »

Big thanks to the process of activating my account, I haven't sat down and written a little about how I got to this point in my life. I'm going to copy what I said in my email because it reigns true:

My name is Khari Constantine, born and raised in Queens, NY.

I have a deep passion for acting. Got my BA in theatre pre-pandemic and I'm grateful to say I've been in many off-broadway productions and a couple of films. However, when the pandemic hit, that took everything away and in short sent me into an existential crisis (who am I without being able to act?). Safe to say, I took a lot of time off to think, and explored other avenues of life: traveling, career advancement (I'm in the DEI field), relationships, other art forms, fatherhood! Now in 2024, I'm back to follow my original passion for Acting (the little kid inside has expressed enough patience). Voice Acting to be specific as it pairs well with balancing my other responsibilities.

Currently, I want to focus on animation, commercials, and audiobooks! In finding this site I figured this would be a great place to build my portfolio, but more importantly, join a community. That's probably the most important piece I learned in taking time away from acting - community is what I really yearned for and what is truly valuable. And if I can read some books along the way, that's such a plus!

Can't wait to contribute and work with the lot of ya <3
vviera

Post by vviera »

kconstan22 wrote: February 20th, 2024, 9:19 am Big thanks to the process of activating my account, I haven't sat down and written a little about how I got to this point in my life. I'm going to copy what I said in my email because it reigns true:

My name is Khari Constantine, born and raised in Queens, NY.

I have a deep passion for acting. Got my BA in theatre pre-pandemic and I'm grateful to say I've been in many off-broadway productions and a couple of films. However, when the pandemic hit, that took everything away and in short sent me into an existential crisis (who am I without being able to act?). Safe to say, I took a lot of time off to think, and explored other avenues of life: traveling, career advancement (I'm in the DEI field), relationships, other art forms, fatherhood! Now in 2024, I'm back to follow my original passion for Acting (the little kid inside has expressed enough patience). Voice Acting to be specific as it pairs well with balancing my other responsibilities.

Currently, I want to focus on animation, commercials, and audiobooks! In finding this site I figured this would be a great place to build my portfolio, but more importantly, join a community. That's probably the most important piece I learned in taking time away from acting - community is what I really yearned for and what is truly valuable. And if I can read some books along the way, that's such a plus!

Can't wait to contribute and work with the lot of ya <3
What a wonderful story of how you came to be part of our community :) I'm sorry it was such a rough road, but we're glad it brought you here. And yes, that's what this is--a community. You'll get to work with lots of great people, and the atmosphere and attitude are overwhelmingly positive.

It looks like you're working on your 1-minute test now. After you get that sorted, you might want to record a short work of some kind or a chapter in a book.

And as you go about your journey, post your questions in any forum and someone will pop in to give you an answer.

Welcome, and have fun!
Waiting for a clever signature line to occur to me.

Cheers, VERLA
kconstan22

Post by kconstan22 »

Thanks for the warm welcome, and steering me in a good direction. :)