Hello

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
ALICECHENNEOUR

Post by ALICECHENNEOUR »

I’m so pleased to be part of this project. I live in Portsmouth in the UK, and for most of my working life. I have been a qualified teacher of the visually impaired teaching braille and accessible technology for the most part. I am now semi-retired and I’m looking forward to reading, having spent a great deal of my professional life reading and audio transcribing for students . I feel slightly overwhelmed by the technology but hope to find help here . Thank you for reading . Best wishes to all , Alice
vviera

Post by vviera »

ALICECHENNEOUR wrote: February 15th, 2024, 7:50 am I’m so pleased to be part of this project. I live in Portsmouth in the UK, and for most of my working life. I have been a qualified teacher of the visually impaired teaching braille and accessible technology for the most part. I am now semi-retired and I’m looking forward to reading, having spent a great deal of my professional life reading and audio transcribing for students . I feel slightly overwhelmed by the technology but hope to find help here . Thank you for reading . Best wishes to all , Alice
It sounds like you have a great background for joining us at Librivox. And yes, you will find the help you need here to get started. Soon everything will become second nature.

To get started, do your 1-Minute Test. It's not an audition - just a chance to make sure that all the technical settings you're using when recording match Librivox requirements.

After you're OK'd on that, browse the forums for a project you'd like to participate in. Most people start with a chapter in a book or some other short work. Post a claim for a section in the corresponding thread when you see something you'd like to record.

Any time you have a question, post in one of the forums, and as I said, someone will pop in to help you out.

Welcome!
Waiting for a clever signature line to occur to me.

Cheers, VERLA