Post by TriciaG »

School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Soloist has not logged in since January. Moving to Abandoned.
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

Another soloist would like to take over! Hopefully having more projects will keep motivation. Therefore, expect more frequency than usual for the past few months(i.e.actual recording :oops: )
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-EarthπŸ§β€β™€οΈ, classicsπŸ“–, and artπŸŽ¨πŸ–Œ
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

There are already two completed versions of this in the LV catalog, and two abandoned solos in addition, both of which I have been DPL for. I'm willing to stay on if someone wants to pick this up.

~ Larry
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

Great! Thank you.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hi Bookworm, shall I set this up for you as a solo? This looks like it has relatively short sections so this might help with motivation!

Lynne responded in the other thread, in case you missed it: viewtopic.php?p=2250838#p2250838
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hi Bookworm360, I've set you up as the soloist, and we are now in Going Solo, but if I have misunderstood your intentions, I can make any necessary changes :D
Otherwise, have fun with!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Well, I'm a little confused as well.

Bookworm360 -- It would help if you would post a note in this thread when you upload a file which will bump this up in my bookmark list. Since you did put it in the MW I saw it in my workflow. It seems that I am still DPL of record, which is absolutely fine.

I do have some important notes for Section 7

1) Most importantly, your volume is far to low at only 82.6 decibels. Our target is 89 dBs with an acceptable range of 86-92 dB.
Do you have the Checker program to check your volume? You can try amplifying this by 7 dBs, but it could cause some audio distortion and it will definitely amplify any background noise that might be there -- like the mouth noises between the title and the beginning of the narration. But, in my trial amplification, it doesn't sound too bad, so I think you'll be okay. Ideally, you should experiment with your settings and general set up until you get a recording closer to the 89 dB target. I would start by increasing your input gain. Moving the mike closer might help.

2) There is a long gap of 17 seconds between your intro and the section title. These gaps should be no longer that about 1.5 or 2.0 seconds at most.

3) You do not need to repeat the section number after "recording in the public domain." Just go to the section title, although this is where we have "Read by . . . ."

Good job on the beginning and ending silence with the correct length! Just be aware of incidental clicks and noise there.

Just upload your corrected recording under the same file name with the new file length and mark it Ready for Spot PL so I can check it again.

Let me know if you have any questions, or if I can help in anyway.

~ Larry
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hi Bookworm360! I hope my message finds you well. Time for an update; how are things here?
IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

They are sort of coming, I hope to record some sections soon. Still interested, though!
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Good to hear from you! Cheering you on! :clap:
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

Thank you!
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

7 is ready for Spot PL and 8 and 9 are ready for their first listen-through!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Bookworm360 wrote: ↑May 13th, 2024, 8:30 pm 7 is ready for Spot PL and 8 and 9 are ready for their first listen-through!
Good to hear from you again!

Sections 7 and 8 are PL OK.
But 9 comes in with a very low volume of only 82.4 decibels.
If you amplify it by 5.6 it should come up to our target of 89.
But, it is still better to adjust your settings so that you don't have to amplify so much. That would give you much better audio quality.

~ Larry
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

silverquill wrote: ↑May 16th, 2024, 12:06 pm
Bookworm360 wrote: ↑May 13th, 2024, 8:30 pm 7 is ready for Spot PL and 8 and 9 are ready for their first listen-through!
Good to hear from you again!

Sections 7 and 8 are PL OK.
But 9 comes in with a very low volume of only 82.4 decibels.
If you amplify it by 5.6 it should come up to our target of 89.
But, it is still better to adjust your settings so that you don't have to amplify so much. That would give you much better audio quality.
Thanks for the feedback! It will be updated soon. EDIT: It has now been updated. What is the way to adjust settings so you don't have to amplify?