FULL [PLAY] Acadia: A Play in Five Acts, by Mary Kinley Ingraham - tg

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

BrizeCrize wrote: October 2nd, 2023, 8:57 am Is this title still Acadia alumni narrators only? Still closed to 'outsiders'? If not, I think I'd be interested (if you don't mind an American accent!). The title caught my eye because I drove through Wolfville once and I think remember seeing a stately building with the Acadia sign out front. (BTW, I'm not 'Cajun with a heavy Louisiana accent, just boring middle of the road Ohio dialect).

Thanks,
Brize Crize

Go Axefolks!
Thank you for your interest, Brize! I’m still holding out hope that I will get Acadia alumni to complete the remaining roles, which I don’t think will be difficult once the music is finished. If you are interested in contributing your voice to plays, there are many that would benefit from your assistance. There are currently several parts available in “Falstaff’s Wedding”, for example:

viewtopic.php?t=99666
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
BrizeCrize

Post by BrizeCrize »

Salvationist wrote: November 17th, 2023, 2:45 am
BrizeCrize wrote: October 2nd, 2023, 8:57 am Is this title still Acadia alumni narrators only? Still closed to 'outsiders'? If not, I think I'd be interested (if you don't mind an American accent!). The title caught my eye because I drove through Wolfville once and I think remember seeing a stately building with the Acadia sign out front. (BTW, I'm not 'Cajun with a heavy Louisiana accent, just boring middle of the road Ohio dialect).

Thanks,
Brize Crize

Go Axefolks!
Thank you for your interest, Brize! I’m still holding out hope that I will get Acadia alumni to complete the remaining roles, which I don’t think will be difficult once the music is finished. If you are interested in contributing your voice to plays, there are many that would benefit from your assistance. There are currently several parts available in “Falstaff’s Wedding”, for example:

viewtopic.php?t=99666
Thanks for getting back to me Salvationist! Yes, I just jumped in there because I had a special affection for Acadia, having been to Wolfville, etc., and it seemed to be filling up slow. The more I thought about it though, the more I knew that my voice would stick out like a sore thumb amongst all the Nova Scotians, Maritimes or even Canadians. Whenever I talk on the phone to ANYONE from down there (stranger or not) I'm instantly taken back to the time I was there just by how the speak. Funny how language is so regional, but also enjoyable how it it so. Hope you can find enough 'Axe-folk" (I just made that up) to complete your project. If you do, I'll have a listen someday. (BTW, what a FABULOUS singing voice on that fellow doing your sample chant!)

Brize
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

BrizeCrize wrote: November 17th, 2023, 12:36 pm Thanks for getting back to me Salvationist! Yes, I just jumped in there because I had a special affection for Acadia, having been to Wolfville, etc., and it seemed to be filling up slow. The more I thought about it though, the more I knew that my voice would stick out like a sore thumb amongst all the Nova Scotians, Maritimes or even Canadians. Whenever I talk on the phone to ANYONE from down there (stranger or not) I'm instantly taken back to the time I was there just by how the speak. Funny how language is so regional, but also enjoyable how it it so. Hope you can find enough 'Axe-folk" (I just made that up) to complete your project. If you do, I'll have a listen someday. (BTW, what a FABULOUS singing voice on that fellow doing your sample chant!)

Brize
I appreciate the encouragement, Brize! It is good to hear from a fellow Acadia fan. I just heard from the musicians that they have been making steady process on the remaining songs recently, so hopefully we’ll have those uploaded soon.
Salvationist

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

:?: :help: :mrgreen:
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

I just checked back in with our musicians. I’ll let you know when I hear about their progress.
Salvationist

Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Our musicians have reported that they are almost ready to submit the music files! There is some editing they still need to do, but then they will be uploading.
Salvationist

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Wonderful!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Salvationist wrote: February 13th, 2024, 3:22 am Our musicians have reported that they are almost ready to submit the music files! There is some editing they still need to do, but then they will be uploading.
Any updates from them? :)
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Thank you for continuing to bear with me on this project, Tricia! I just sent them a message and I will let you know when they respond.
Salvationist