[FULL][Verse Drama] The Ring of the Nibelung by Richard Wagner - rr

Plays and other dramatic works
mcalvo

Post by mcalvo »

May I read for Froh?
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

mcalvo wrote: February 6th, 2024, 8:17 am May I read for Froh?
Yes. Thank you.
If I were you I'd claim a Gold-Killer role. Just sayin'
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Narration for The Twilight of the Gods - Act 3 (16:43) is now @ https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/niblung_narration_twilight_3.mp3

I'll be working on integrating Siegfried PL OK content with narration.

Cheers.
AliceStein

Post by AliceStein »

Hello!

Here is the unfinished rough cut of Scene 1 of Thwighlight.
https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/niblung_11_wagner_128kb_.mp3
Siegfried, Brünnhilde an the Credits are not yet finished.

It gives a good impression already of the Desaster that a Götterdämmerung is.

AliceStein
Ein Himmel mir und dir!
Insta:@librivox_readerette
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

AliceStein wrote: February 6th, 2024, 1:31 pm Hello!

Here is the unfinished rough cut of Scene 1 of Thwighlight.
https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/niblung_11_wagner_128kb_.mp3
Siegfried, Brünnhilde an the Credits are not yet finished.

It gives a good impression already of the Desaster that a Götterdämmerung is.

AliceStein
:D
Thank you so much AliceStein!

I downloaded a copy to my machine and renamed that copy to remove the underscore "_" before the ".mp3" and I'm now uploading that renamed version using LV Uploader.

I've already replaced the mirror copy of Twilight - Act 1 so that it can be listened to without stressing LV servers.

And now, I'll have a listen! :clap:

Cheers!
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Hi redrun,

This is curious!

I renamed niblung_11_wagner_128kb_.mp3 uploaded earlier by AliceStein to its proper form niblung_11_wagner_128kb.mp3. I uploaded the renamed file using Uploader and I also added niblung_11_wagner_128kb.mp3 to the project share on my Google Drive replacing the earlier "3 Norns only" edit she did several days ago that had a duration of 6:07.

When I listen on my machine or on my Google drive I hear AliceStein latest edit of this file everything is fine and the duration is 39:40.12. And yet, when I check it through the listen URL to make sure that's correct in the MW the duration is 6:07 and of course I do not hear the latest version. Even though the Listen URL should not have changed I updated it anyway from upload just in case I'm not seeing something in the URL. I'm stumped. Do you see anything that could give me a clue to what's going on?

I've tried the upload a few times. Even going so far as to download from Google Drive and then redo of upload from my Downloads folder. It still doesn't come out right. I'm clearly :lol: confused :hmm:

Thanks,
Brian
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Hmm, I see that several earlier versions are much smaller in size, but hey: the very latest one is around 35MB (depending how you count it), and is 39:40 in duration!

Hopefully it was just that last upload that did the trick. I've seen a few instances where the uploader will show that it has completed, when it has not. That's part of why we post the duration along with the link.
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

redrun wrote: February 6th, 2024, 3:01 pm Hmm, I see that several earlier versions are much smaller in size, but hey: the very latest one is around 35MB (depending how you count it), and is 39:40 in duration!

Hopefully it was just that last upload that did the trick. I've seen a few instances where the uploader will show that it has completed, when it has not. That's part of why we post the duration along with the link.
Fascinating! I'm going to assume that my plea for your help did the trick. I was afraid for a moment that Gotterdamerung had occurred, the world had ended, and no one had told me that it was all over! :lol:
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Uploaded partial (34:06) Siegfried - Act 2 to https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/niblung_09_wagner_128kb.mp3 for safekeeping. It is not ready for PL. Please do not listen on LV Listen to URL. If you wish to preview this recording please do so at Siegfried Act 2 (preview).
SKwanlada

Post by SKwanlada »

Hi, can I claim section 2 (first part of Valkyrie)? Thanks!
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

SKwanlada wrote: February 12th, 2024, 7:04 am Hi, can I claim section 2 (first part of Valkyrie)? Thanks!
Hi Grimgerde, Helmwige and Siegrune are the unclaimed Valkyries. Is there one in particular that you would like to claim? Or would you prefer that I pick one of them for you? Thanks, Brian
SKwanlada

Post by SKwanlada »

BrianFullen wrote: February 12th, 2024, 7:13 am
SKwanlada wrote: February 12th, 2024, 7:04 am Hi, can I claim section 2 (first part of Valkyrie)? Thanks!
Hi Grimgerde, Helmwige and Siegrune are the unclaimed Valkyries. Is there one in particular that you would like to claim? Or would you prefer that I pick one of them for you? Thanks, Brian
I'll take the Grimgerde one for now. Thank you!
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

SKwanlada wrote: February 12th, 2024, 7:14 am
BrianFullen wrote: February 12th, 2024, 7:13 am
I'll take the Grimgerde one for now. Thank you!
Done and did!

Of course we are asked not to listen on MW Listen URL's for projects that are not complete. But there is a project share that has a copy of The Valkyrie - Act 3 (Partial) that you can listen to without impacting LV servers.

You don't have to listen to it before you record but you can if you wish. The partial copy currently has 4 Valkyries in it; a fifth, Rossweisse, has been recorded and PL OK'd but I have not edited that one in yet.

I won't be able to give you more than 1 Valkyrie but you could always record lines for "Vassals and Women" from The Twilight of the Gods - I could always use more voices there.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks.
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

I've uploaded a partial (41:03) Act 1 of Siegfried to LV server for safekeeping at https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/niblung_08_wagner_128kb.mp3.

It is not yet ready for PL. Please do not listen to the recording on above URL that is also in MW's Listen to URL field.

If you wish to preview the recording you can do so at Siegfried, Act 1 (Preview) without impacting LV servers.

Thank you.
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

A partial Siegfried Act 3 (21:13) has been uploaded for safekeeping to https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/niblung_10_wagner_128kb.mp3. It is not ready for PL. There is a copy in the Ring Cycle Project Share where recordings can be listened to without loading LV servers and networking resources. Cheers.