How to join "Readers Wanted" Forum and find "Short Poetry Collection"

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Ayishalyu

Post by Ayishalyu »

I have successfully uploaded a one-minute test recording and received a ok response. However, I do not have permission to post a topic in the "Readers Wanted: Books" Forum and "Readers Wanted: Short Works (Poetry & Prose)" Forum. The page I saw is without the "New Topic" btn above, how can I join these forums?

I also want to read some Chinese poems.This post suggests posting directly to the "Short Poetry Collection" (viewtopic.php?p=15709&hilit=Short+Poetry+Collection#p15709), but I could not find it anywhere.

Thanks!
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Folks don't post new topics directly in those forums - but you're more than welcome to join one of the existing topics there!

If you'd like to post your very own topic (starting a new book recording project), we recommend you get several recordings for group projects under your belt first. Then you can start your own solo project using instructions here.

As for the "Short Poetry Collection", we have a monthly rotation. You can find the current one here, but at any time, you'll find the latest in the "Readers Wanted: Short Works (Poetry & Prose)" forum.
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Welcome to Librivox, Ayishalyu! Congratulations on getting the OK on your one-minute recording! :clap:

If by Chinese poems you mean in Chinese, and not translated into English, then what you want is the Multilingual collection here: viewtopic.php?t=100916

The text (either original, or translation) needs to be in the public domain in the USA, which generally means published 95 years ago, that is, published in 1928 and earlier. If you are unsure, you can share the poem's info here to check before recording.
Ayishalyu

Post by Ayishalyu »

Thanks to Rapunzelina and redrun.
The Chinese poems I wanted to read in Chinese were created over or nearly 1,000 years ago, they are all in public domain.

I read the "LibriVox Short Poetry Collection 249", and it said "This is an open collection of poems read in English for the month of February 2024." I'm not sure if I can submit Chinese poems? If I can, do I just record poems (fellow the limit rule), and reply the upload links under this topic?
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Rapunzelina has you covered! Check out her link to the Multilingual collection, instead of the English one. :thumbs:
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.