[COMPLETE] Sadhana, The Realisation of Life by Rabindranath Tagore - brrot

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Snehpreeyanka

Post by Snehpreeyanka »

yes, please elaborate on how to reduce the volume.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Snehpreeyanka wrote: January 9th, 2024, 8:43 pm yes, please elaborate on how to reduce the volume.
Go back to your recording in Audacity. Double click to highlight the whole recording. Click on Effects then Amplify in the toolbar at the top. In the pop up box enter 3 in the Amplification(dB) box then click Apply. After that you will resave the recording. Export it with the same filename you originally used then reupload. The edited recording will overwrite the old one and you will be all set.
Hope this is clear,
Christine
Snehpreeyanka

Post by Snehpreeyanka »

red lines are shown at some points all across the recording. Isn't that abnormal?
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Snehpreeyanka wrote: January 10th, 2024, 7:07 am red lines are shown at some points all across the recording. Isn't that abnormal?
That means there is clipping which is not good. Let me have a look at it and see if I can fix it. I will let you know the solution.
Snehpreeyanka

Post by Snehpreeyanka »

Snehpreeyanka wrote: January 10th, 2024, 7:07 am red lines are shown at some points all across the recording. Isn't that abnormal?
okay, so for volume 'reduction', I have placed '-3' rather than 3 in the amplification box. This doesn't have the red lines anymore. I think this should be fine. Please check and let know.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Snehpreeyanka wrote: January 10th, 2024, 7:22 am
okay, so for volume 'reduction', I have placed '-3' rather than 3 in the amplification box. This doesn't have the red lines anymore. I think this should be fine. Please check and let know.
Yes! You figured it out your self! My error in the instructions, sorry.
Snehpreeyanka

Post by Snehpreeyanka »

brownrottger wrote: January 8th, 2024, 1:02 pm Hello there! Section 2: Excellent reading! My personal take away: "Accumulation is not Realization"
Just a couple of notes:
1. For future sections only state your name and location in either the beginning or the end of the recording, not both. No need to change for this section though.
2. Please reduce the volume on the whole recording by 3. Let me know if you need specific instructions on how to do this in Audacity. After lowering the volume by 3 please save, reupload with same filename, change the last column in the Magic Window to Ready for Spot PL and post here that you have done so.
Best,
Christine
ready for spot pl
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Section 2 is PL ok. You can download a checker app for the Librivox specifications to check your recordings before upload. Here is the link for that: https://cgjennings.ca/projects/checker/

Also, you can highlight your whole recording after edit then choose Loudness Normalization with setting of -20 (there might be a little difference for your recordings, some like -17,some -19. That should automatically bring the whole recording to 89 when you run it through the checker app above.
Hope this helps,
Christine
Snehpreeyanka

Post by Snehpreeyanka »

Hi Christine,
Hope you're doing well.

I've uploaded section 3, please go through it.

PS- passed the Checker app test, So, it should be fine wrt technicalities.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Snehpreeyanka wrote: January 28th, 2024, 5:49 am Hi Christine,
Hope you're doing well.

I've uploaded section 3, please go through it.

PS- passed the Checker app test, So, it should be fine wrt technicalities.
Excellent! Hoping you are happy and healthy as well.
Christine
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Section 3 is PL ok.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Please post in this thread when you upload a new section for PL. I get my assignments from notifications which only occur when you post in the thread. Thanks!
Christine
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Chapter 4, just one tiny edit:
33:03 missing word "soil"; should be "then it would gradually soil and bury truth with its dust"

Goodness! I could read this book over and over again. It is so deep!
Snehpreeyanka

Post by Snehpreeyanka »

brownrottger wrote: February 5th, 2024, 4:35 pm Please post in this thread when you upload a new section for PL. I get my assignments from notifications which only occur when you post in the thread. Thanks!
Christine
Ohh .. okay. Henceforth I'll notify you.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Snehpreeyanka wrote: February 6th, 2024, 7:36 am
brownrottger wrote: February 5th, 2024, 4:35 pm Please post in this thread when you upload a new section for PL. I get my assignments from notifications which only occur when you post in the thread. Thanks!
Christine
Ohh .. okay. Henceforth I'll notify you.
Excellent!