1 Min Test Recording - NRamesh [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files.
nramesh

Post by nramesh »

Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

nramesh wrote: January 28th, 2024, 2:35 pm Here is the link: https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/1-mintest_by_nramesh.mp3
Welcome to Librivox, NRamesh!

Your voice is lively and clear, and your test meets all the Librivox technical specifications.

I do notice some background noise, though it's not really disruptive. If you're using Audacity, you could reduce that by using Noise Reduction like this:

1. Go to a silent part of your recording (only background noise, and no speech). A minimum of 0.05 seconds is needed, though a longer Noise Profile is better. Select that section.

2. With that section selected, click “Effect > Noise Reduction....”

3. Under Step 1, click “Get Noise Profile.”

4. Select the entire recording (double-click inside the track or click Ctrl-A), then check your Noise Reduction parameters under Step 2. Mine are set as follows, and I’ve never needed to change them:

Noise Reduction (dB): 12
Sensitivity: 6.00
Frequency smoothing (bands): 3
Noise: Choose "Reduce"

5. If they’re set to this already, just click OK.

You're ready to start recording! I suggest heading over to the "Readers Wanted: Short Works (Poetry & Prose)" forum to find your first recording. There are lots of short options there in all genres.

If you have questions along the way, the "Need Help? Got Advice? forum is a useful place to get answers.

Happy reading!
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
nramesh

Post by nramesh »

Thank you Winnifred! I will try the noise reduction or move the location away from the window.