Dorothy Caruso Bibliography

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
LectorRecitator

Post by LectorRecitator »

DOROTHY CARUSO (1893–1955)

Wings Of Song: The Story Of Caruso (1928) · With Gladys Torrance Goddard (1881–1976)

ℹ️ A biography of the famous tenor.

https://archive.org/details/wingsofsongstory0000doro_r1e3/page/n11/mode/2up
• Click the author's name at the top of my posts for—potential—further info.

• If you adopt a book that was brought to your attention through a post of mine, please consider crediting me in the corresponding project thread—it will be much appreciated.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Just a thought: When the "bibliography" is a single book - just put in the thread title. Saves everybody an extra step. :|
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
LectorRecitator

Post by LectorRecitator »

Availle wrote: January 28th, 2024, 7:52 pm Just a thought: When the "bibliography" is a single book - just put in the thread title. Saves everybody an extra step. :|
I do that when it comes to books that have no credited author or editor, as in the following example:

viewtopic.php?t=101416

When I started on Librivox, the format you are proposing was the one I was using, but I eventually abandoned it because I wanted to gather into one post the whole available, PD output of an author, regardless of its size.

The bibliography format has a "passe-partout" practicality to it, covering all sorts of scenarios.

In the case of a bibliography comprising one book, additions may have to be made due to:

• A title entering the Public Domain

• Me stumbling across a title that I was unaware of.

• Me stumbling across a title that I was aware of, but, up until recently, there were no copies of it available online (usually happens with Gutenberg)

In the case of a bibliography comprising two—or more—books, titles may have to be removed due to:

• Adoption

• A title thought to be PD, turns out not to be so.

• A title thought to be unrecorded turns out to be in the catalog.

I understand that the "single-book" bibliography may be an inconvenience, but it is the product of a "one-size-fits-all" approach, that in turn relieves me of all sorts of other inconveniences.

Caruso's bibliography itself will be enriched some years from now, provided that the existing title remains unadopted and... I'm still around. :roll:
• Click the author's name at the top of my posts for—potential—further info.

• If you adopt a book that was brought to your attention through a post of mine, please consider crediting me in the corresponding project thread—it will be much appreciated.