Hi

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Jill1975

Post by Jill1975 »

Hey there! 👋 I'm Jill Sheets, your friendly neighborhood voiceover wizard and radio enthusiast. With decades of experience tucked under my mic, I'm here to sprinkle some magic into your world.

From commercials that grab your attention to PSAs that hit home, I've got the voice that gets the message across. Narration? Yep, I've painted audio landscapes that take you on a journey. And characters? Let's say I've given life to a few quirky ones.

I am excited to bring my passion for storytelling and voice artistry to your projects. Let's chat and create something awesome together.
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Welcome to Librivox, Jill!

I'm a bit puzzled by your message. It almost sounds like an ad for your recording services, but I'm not sure what you're hoping to hear back from us. Have you looked around the forums to see how things work here?

Here's a quick high level summary that might help. Most people who want to read for Librivox start like this:

1. Upload a one-minute test to make sure your technical settings meet Librivox requirements and have that approved;
2. Find some sections in group projects to record (poetry, a chapter of a book, or a stand-alone story, essay, or other non-fiction piece for one of the specific collections). Once you've done a few of those and have a clear sense of how things work;
3. Embark on a solo project, which involves finding a book (in the public domain) that you want to record, and setting up a project for it (as a soloist, you have to coordinate the project as well as record it, which is why we recommend that new users try smaller sections first to get the hang of things).

There are also other areas that volunteers take on here: proof listening to other readers' work and providing feedback, creating covers for completed projects, and book coordinating group projects (same as what the soloist does, but for a group of readers rather than just the one).

You'll find us a helpful community if you have questions along the way.

Happy reading!

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Jill. We are all volunteers here, and all of our recordings are released into the public domain. Most of us do this for fun as a hobby. If you are looking for paid work, you won't find it here. If you want to volunteer to record books that listeners can download for free (and don't object to others using your audio files however they choose), then you are most welcome to join us. :)
Jo