Hey LibriVox Community

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
CoreyDVoiceOver

Post by CoreyDVoiceOver »

Hi,
I'm Corey. After a lifetime of being a part-time actor I no longer have time to be on stage. Life, ya know what I mean? I love to listen to audiobooks and podcasts, much like everyone else here. My favorite books are Sci-Fi, Fantasy and Horror. As for podcasts true crime and unexplained events get my attention most times.

I am trying my hand or rather voice at this because I need a creative outlet and daycare is expensive. So, why not make this a side hustle if I can. Alright, well it's nice to be here and I am glad to be joining a community where I can learn and hopefully thrive at this.

Thanks,
Corey
CoreyD VoiceOver
For More Samples Please Visit: https://www.acx.com/narrator?p=A27CPGWVZCHT3O
InstaGram: coreyd.voiceover
Email: coreyd.voiceover@gmail.com
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Hi Corey, we're glad you could join us!

With interests like those, you're sure to find several niches here. :wink:
We've got interesting projects going all the time, but if you're ever lacking ideas of what to do: all the themed collections in the Short Works forum (sci-fi, horror, etc) have lists and lists of unrecorded short stories in the genre! You can also re-record old favorites (Philip K. Dick is popular in sci-fi), if that tickles your fancy. The story of course has to be Public Domain, but if it's on those lists or in our catalog already, it's fair game. :D

In case you hadn't seen it, you might also be interested in the Dramatic Works forum, where the rest of us try our voices at acting. :lol:
The stage directions are read aloud, so that the audience knows what they would be "seeing" in a stage production. We've got regulars who you'd get to know pretty quickly, along with quite a few folks just trying it out.

Another thing that unexpectedly caught my interest when I started, was the weekly and fortnightly poetry readings - like a poetry club where somebody makes a selection, everybody records their own take on it, and in the next week or two, we can all sit down and have a listen to each-other's versions. It's a cozy little corner. :9:

Whatever else you may be at LibriVox, I doubt you'll ever be bored!
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

CoreyDVoiceOver wrote: August 29th, 2023, 7:00 pm Hi,
I'm Corey. After a lifetime of being a part-time actor I no longer have time to be on stage. Life, ya know what I mean? I love to listen to audiobooks and podcasts, much like everyone else here. My favorite books are Sci-Fi, Fantasy and Horror. As for podcasts true crime and unexplained events get my attention most times.

I am trying my hand or rather voice at this because I need a creative outlet and daycare is expensive. So, why not make this a side hustle if I can. Alright, well it's nice to be here and I am glad to be joining a community where I can learn and hopefully thrive at this.

Thanks,
Corey
Welcome to Librivox, Corey!

Once you have completed your one minute test, I thought you might be interested in contributing to these projects, given your interests: You can see all the available group projects that are looking for readers here.
Emotions by James McCosh 95% 1 left! "Fourth Element: the Organic Affection Part 2"
Devotional Commentary: Apocalypse Bible commentary by Christina Rossetti
Family Prayers 79%
Ecclesiastical History
DPL