I'm so out of touch with 2023 thread

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Today I got my email from my local public library. I scanned the upcoming Christmas events.

STRICTLY FOR TEENS 13-17 ONLY. TAYLOR SWIFT NIGHT. LISTEN TO HER MUSIC NON STOP AND MAKE SWIFTIES FRIENDSHIP BRACELETS.

In my day young people had cabbage patch dolls. A "swiftie" sounds like an act of seized loot. I can imagine Arthur Daley saying "nice little swiftie and a nice little earner" in his used car business.
Fan of all 80s pop music except Meatloaf.
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

In 6 days everyone will be out of touch with 2023. The time to comment is short! The bell tolls.
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

lightcrystal wrote: December 17th, 2023, 11:05 pm Today I got my email from my local public library. I scanned the upcoming Christmas events.

STRICTLY FOR TEENS 13-17 ONLY. TAYLOR SWIFT NIGHT. LISTEN TO HER MUSIC NON STOP AND MAKE SWIFTIES FRIENDSHIP BRACELETS.

In my day young people had cabbage patch dolls. A "swiftie" sounds like an act of seized loot. I can imagine Arthur Daley saying "nice little swiftie and a nice little earner" in his used car business.
You had dolls? Luxury. We had clothes pegs with faces painted on them. But you try to tell the young people of today that....

Barbara
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

As of about 5 minutes ago, I'm also out of touch - forever and irrevocably - from 2023. Alas, I hardly knew thee. :lol:
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

redrun wrote: December 31st, 2023, 11:05 pm As of about 5 minutes ago, I'm also out of touch - forever and irrevocably - from 2023. Alas, I hardly knew thee. :lol:
I hope that the end was amicable. :cry:
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Oh, quite! Left some excellent parting gifts - new books in the public domain. So thoughtful, I don't think my gift basket was on that level. :wink:
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I remember 2023 like it was yesterday...