I've often been told I have a good face for radio

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Epaul

Post by Epaul »

Greetings all. I joined last year, but life happened, and now I'm back. I recently submitted 2 sections in a Captain Billy's Whiz Bang, and just requested 4 more on another project. I've been a fan of Gutenberg and LibriVox for a very long time, and I'm excited to contribute to such an amazing project.

I'm a musician, dancer, and storyteller. I've performed outdoor theater for 4 decades and have been involved in edutainment for just as long, including working as a bubbleologist, a fight director, and a planetarian. While I have oodles of experience as a performer, the vast majority of it has been sans amplification. Still getting used to all these electronic doodads.

I've spent most of my life as an analog nomad. For the past 8 years I've worked as a tour guide during the summer season, alternating between Alaska and Napa Valley wine country. The rest of the year I ramble around the world. I'm currently near Sedona, Arizona, but in a few weeks I'll be heading to Siem Reap, Cambodia, via Singapore.

I love being a tour guide, but I'd like to slow things down a bit and have more control over my schedule. I decided I'd like to eventually make my living recording audiobooks. That gave me the final push to start recording for LibriVox, sharing my joy of reading and performing while exercising my new skillset.
"I've often been told I have a good face for radio. Or audiobooks." ~Epaul
vviera

Post by vviera »

Welcome back, Epaul! You have a great background for LibriVox, and I'm glad you've already gotten your feet wet.

I could see it being very interesting recording as you go from place to place. It could be a nice point of consistency when everything else changes around you. Recently, I was prooflistening for a soloist who was temporarily living in New Zealand. At some point in the project, he said, "I won't be recording for awhile. I'm moving to Qatar." So you will not be the only globetrotting Librivoxer! I'm sure there are more like you two as well.

Sounds like you don't need much help getting oriented, but if you do, post in any forum and someone will pop in to give you a friendly answer to your questions.
Waiting for a clever signature line to occur to me.

Cheers, VERLA