Merry Chrysler!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
BouncingGhost

Post by BouncingGhost »

Howdy everyone! I'm Anna, and I'm super excited to jump in and do some fun recording! I'm currently reading Carlos Ruiz Zafón's Cemetery of Forgotten Books series, and really want to record it and spread the joy. In my free time, I crochet and procrastinate my homework (college student moment), and I'm excited to add listening and recording to that list. I can't wait to make some new friends!
vviera

Post by vviera »

BouncingGhost wrote: December 26th, 2023, 3:30 pm Howdy everyone! I'm Anna, and I'm super excited to jump in and do some fun recording! I'm currently reading Carlos Ruiz Zafón's Cemetery of Forgotten Books series, and really want to record it and spread the joy. In my free time, I crochet and procrastinate my homework (college student moment), and I'm excited to add listening and recording to that list. I can't wait to make some new friends!
Welcome, Anna! Your enthusiasm will go a long way here! I also love Ruiz Zafón's books. Note, though, that LibriVox recording is all of works in the public domain in the USA. The most common criterion for PD is that it was published more than 95 years ago. That means that, right now, books published in 1927 or earlier are PD. Next week, January 1st, that moves to 1928.

The most frequently used source for books to read for LV is gutenberg.org. Project Gutenberg carefully vets their works for copyright, and anything you find there is good for LV as well.

See more info here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Copyright_and_Public_Domain

There are other sources for PD works, and some other things that don't fit into the 95 year deal. But this will get you started thinking about it. I hope you're set to record soon! I see you already submitted your 1-minute test, so you're well on your way!
Waiting for a clever signature line to occur to me.

Cheers, VERLA
BouncingGhost

Post by BouncingGhost »

Oops I totally forgot about the whole public domain thing lol. Good to know. I'm sad I won't be able to read Ruiz Zafón's books for everyone, but it's better than breaking the law! Thanks for the info about Project Gutenberg--I'll be sure to use that resource. Thanks for the welcome!!