Nice to meet you!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Mela78

Post by Mela78 »

Hi! Newbie here. It was my Christmas resolution to record a book... but I didn't manage due to problems breathing. Feeling a bit better now and my Christmas resolution has become a new year resolution. I'd like to read something by Grazia Deledda, in italian. Her work is on liber liber so it should be in the public domain. How do I start?
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Mela78 wrote: December 28th, 2023, 12:46 pm Hi! Newbie here. It was my Christmas resolution to record a book... but I didn't manage due to problems breathing. Feeling a bit better now and my Christmas resolution has become a new year resolution. I'd like to read something by Grazia Deledda, in italian. Her work is on liber liber so it should be in the public domain. How do I start?
Welcome to Librivox!
Continuo in italiano: Io sono , appunto, un lettore italiano, che ama leggere testi classici in Italiano, e a volte , organizzare anche letture a più voci di opere teatrali o simili.
Ad esempio al momento sto raccogliendo le voci di una lettura di alcuni canti dell' Orlando furioso in cui io leggo la parte del narratore e altri lettori leggono gli interventi in prima persona dei vari personaggi. Se ti interessasse provare puoi anche scegliere un semplice ruolo di poche battute.
Grazia Deledda mi sembra un' ottima idea.
Devi solo trovare un testo che sia sicuramente accettato come Dominio Pubblico da Librivox.
Di solito Gutenberg è la fonte più utilizzata da LVX,
ma anche Liber Liber probabilmente, salvo verifica di un amministratore di LVX.

Scrivimi pure per altre informazioni su come cominciare, se può esserti utile qualche suggerimento, e buona lettura!
Pier
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Alcune ulteriori informazioni, mela 78:
Dovresti innanzitutto fare "one minute test",
per maggiori informazioni vedi ad esempio:

viewtopic.php?t=13513

Sonia, una delle amministratrici di LVX mi ha dato questa indicazione per Grazia Deledda:
"checked on Gutenberg, they only have one book by Deledda in Italian: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/43226
archive has more, but not all of them are PD yet so she needs to check the copyright page: https://archive.org/search?query=grazia+deledda"

Pier
Mela78

Post by Mela78 »

So, if I understand correctly, this book is on archive.org

https://archive.org/details/leggendesarde0000dele/page/n5/mode/1up?view=theater

but it was published in 1995... so I can't record it, because it would have to be 70 years from the date of publication. Is that how it works? So maybe if I find an edition that is more than 70 years old... say in a library... I could read it?

Thanks.
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Mela78 wrote: December 29th, 2023, 2:17 am So, if I understand correctly, this book is on archive.org

https://archive.org/details/leggendesarde0000dele/page/n5/mode/1up?view=theater

but it was published in 1995... so I can't record it, because it would have to be 70 years from the date of publication. Is that how it works? So maybe if I find an edition that is more than 70 years old... say in a library... I could read it?

Thanks.
What is the book you are planning to read?
Racconti sardi?
You can find it for instance here : https://archive.org/details/raccontisardiitws/page/n1/mode/2up
(pdf can be downloaded) a file I believe can be used on LVX
But personally I am not an expert in Public domain .
Sonia, if you read this post, please give us your opinion, thanks.

I can tell you, for instance, that "Dopo il Divorzio" ( https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/43226) has the note:"Copyright Status Public domain in the USA." and so it is OK, I think, even if it was published in 2013.

Ti consiglio di scegliere il libro che vuoi leggere, un testo di riferimento che pensi possa andar bene ( ad es. quello che ho indicato prima per "Racconti sardi" ) e poi lanciare il progetto usando il template https://librivox.org/add_project
cui arrivi dalla pagina : viewtopic.php?t=13513.

Una volta inserito il testo generato dal template incollalo in un post in "New project launch pad": viewforum.php?f=28
e un responsabile di LVX che seguirà il progetto (MC) lo accoglierà e ti darà le eventuali indicazioni aggiuntive necessarie.

Questo se vuoi leggere il libro come "solo". Se vuoi lanciare una lettura insieme ad altri lettori la procedura è leggermente differente.
Spero di essere stato abbastanza chiaro, in caso contrario chiedimi pure ancora.
Pier
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Iunta4Ios wrote: December 29th, 2023, 3:21 amWhat is the book you are planning to read?
Racconti sardi?
You can find it for instance here : https://archive.org/details/raccontisardiitws/page/n1/mode/2up
(pdf can be downloaded) a file I believe can be used on LVX
But personally I am not an expert in Public domain .
Sonia, if you read this post, please give us your opinion, thanks.
yes, Mela, if Racconti sardi is the same book, than there is a public domain source text at the link Pier has just given you. The link you have posted is not public domain yet, because the book has not been published long enough (well, this version of it at least)

In archive.org you can clearly see which books are older, because you can look at the copyright page of the edition. Books that are only "viewable to borrow" are definitely not public domain and cannot be used for LV.
Ti consiglio di scegliere il libro che vuoi leggere, un testo di riferimento che pensi possa andar bene ( ad es. quello che ho indicato prima per "Racconti sardi" ) e poi lanciare il progetto usando il template https://librivox.org/add_project
cui arrivi dalla pagina : viewtopic.php?t=13513.
I would also recommend starting with the one minute test to check whether your technical settings are all LV standard. And before launching into a long solo, it's best to participate in a group project first, to see how things are running here. We have a few Italian projects at the moment:

> Orlando Furioso: viewtopic.php?t=100259
> Decamerone: viewtopic.php?t=99614
> Multilingual project, where you can choose your own text: viewtopic.php?t=100916

maybe you want to participate with a section or two in one of those first.

Welcome to our forum :)

Sonia
Mela78

Post by Mela78 »

Hi, thank you for your reply.
The book I wanted to read is "leggende sarde" - not the same one. However, if that one is not available I'll read something else. At the moment I'm struggling with the technical specs. I've just uploaded a one minute sample, but I'm not totally happy with it. I think I may have to learn to edit the sound. In particular I don't like having to listen to my breathing sounds along with the book.

Thank you very much for your support.
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Mela78 wrote: December 29th, 2023, 4:36 am Hi, thank you for your reply.
The book I wanted to read is "leggende sarde" - not the same one. However, if that one is not available I'll read something else. At the moment I'm struggling with the technical specs. I've just uploaded a one minute sample, but I'm not totally happy with it. I think I may have to learn to edit the sound. In particular I don't like having to listen to my breathing sounds along with the book.

Thank you very much for your support.
Appena possibile, proverò ad ascoltare il tuo test di un minuto e darti, se del caso, alcune indicazioni in merito.
Per le registrazioni usi Audacity? Se sì puoi provare a registrare un breve tratto dove non parli ma si odono il tuo respiro ed eventuali altri rumori di fondo. Poi puoi evidenziare il tratto, usare "effetti- eliminazione rumori, imposta livello eliminazione rumori e poi, con questa impostazione , selezionare tutto il tratto letto ed applicare l'effetto riduzione rumore.
Pier
Mela78

Post by Mela78 »

Grazie Pier!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Pier, I moved your discussion about the test to the correct thread. Everything about the test should be posted there

viewtopic.php?t=100981

Sonia
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Melania, su Gutenberg, non sempre così facilmente accessible ora dall'Italia, proprio per problemi di diritti d'autore, della Deledda sono disponibili, oltre a dopo il divorzio:
Fior di Sardegna
Il vecchio della montagna
Nostalgie
L'incendio nell'oliveto
Il segreto dell'uomo solitario
Elias Portolu
Colombi e sparvieri
Le tentazioni
Le colpe altrui
I giuochi della vita

Se ti interessano i PDF sono scaricabili.
Pier
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Kitty wrote: December 29th, 2023, 8:14 am Pier, I moved your discussion about the test to the correct thread. Everything about the test should be posted there

viewtopic.php?t=100981

Sonia
Thanks Sonia.
Pier