Checking Specs on Android

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
KatLouise

Post by KatLouise »

Hi. I was checking my files on a Chrome OS using Linux Checker, but my Chrome OS is no longer available. :-( So now I need a way to check the volume of my recordings using my Android phone. I can adjust all the other specs, but volume isn't available, and it looks like the checker isn't available for Android? Thank you for your help.
(I'm using AudioMass to record and edit online. It's great, but I can't figure out how to see the volume on it, except as a percentage of the recording itself - for example, increase gain 110%)
God bless the hungry, thirsty, and unclothed. God bless the sick, the stranger, and the prisoner.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

There are Android apps that will measure and adjust volume. I haven't personally tried any of these, but this one looks promising and appears to be free on Google Play

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.palcoder.mp3audiogainandequalizer&hl=en_US&gl=US

If you try it, please post your experience with the app back here, so we know whether it is worth recommending to other users. :)
Jo