[COMPLETE] Rinkitink in Oz by L. Frank Baum, cl/ry

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jbieber

Post by jbieber »

And I am finished! Chapters 18 and 19 are now on your server. I will check periodically to see if any corrections need to be made. Thank you!
"To please a child is a sweet and lovely thing that warms one's heart and brings its own reward." L. Frank Baum
raynr

Post by raynr »

Congratulations! :D
I know what I have to do during the next days...
"Everything in the world exists in order to end in a book." (Stéphane Mallarmé)
jbieber

Post by jbieber »

Given Rinkitink's awful laugh, maybe it will be ready for cataloguing by April Fool's Day? Which, if you don't celebrate this in Germany, is April 1. :wink:
"To please a child is a sweet and lovely thing that warms one's heart and brings its own reward." L. Frank Baum
raynr

Post by raynr »

You did a great job in performing Rinkitink's laugh, but I fear the project won't be in the catalogue by April Fool's Day (yes, we celebrate it). Now is the evening of the 30th and cataloging takes normally at least 24 hours (I don't have to work 24 hours on it, but archive.org takes some time to derive the files). But be assured, I do my best to bring it in the catalogue as soon as possible. And, by the way, chapter 17 is perfect. :D

Greetings,
Rainer
jbieber

Post by jbieber »

Not to worry! I was kidding about April Fool's - that would be heroic service indeed on your part. However, I do think that Rinkitink personifies the April Fool. I think Baum would agree. :D
raynr

Post by raynr »

But, if archiv.org tries hard, it can perhaps be in time. I'm just about to upload the book. There was a small repetition in chapter 18, but it was easy to edit out, and I took the liberty to do it myself (otherwise there would have been no chance for April's fools day).
But apart from that, I associated Rinkitink always with the certain caricature of Santa Clause (you know: with a fat belly and always merry).
jbieber

Post by jbieber »

Thank you!

I am not surprised about chapter 18 - it was very long. Also the software I use for the mac computer crashes a lot so there is always the possibility of losing my place!

You can see what Rinkitink is supposed to look like if you search for rinkitink in Google Image Search. No beard. :wink:
raynr

Post by raynr »

Well I did it right in time - and that's no April Fool's, you can look for yourself :D (and even if you believe me, please take look nevertheless, to check if everything is alright).

Greetings and thank you so much for your recording! :D

This project is complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page:
http://librivox.org/rinkitink-in-oz-by-l-frank-baum/
jbieber

Post by jbieber »

Brilliant! Thanks so much.

Hmm, what shall my next project be? Right now I'm still recovering from my jaw surgery but within a month or so I should be ready to start recording something new. I'll be in touch.
raynr

Post by raynr »

I can't wait. But you truly earned a break! :D