Hello from Egypt!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
hibajamal

Post by hibajamal »

Hello, everyone!
I am so excited to join you! My name is Hiba and I am from Egypt. I am excited to record books in a few languages I speak.
Pleased to meet you all <3
Do you have any tips for me?
Regards!
vviera

Post by vviera »

Is one of the languages you speak Spanish?
Cheers, VERLA

There's no rehab for LibriVox addicts. (Aren't you glad?)
hibajamal

Post by hibajamal »

vviera wrote: December 6th, 2023, 9:20 am Is one of the languages you speak Spanish?
Hello, Verla! And thank you for your reply!
I can understand conversational Spanish and I can read it. However, I am still learning and not fluent.
What about you? What languages do you speak?
Last edited by hibajamal on December 6th, 2023, 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vviera

Post by vviera »

hibajamal wrote: December 6th, 2023, 11:39 am
vviera wrote: December 6th, 2023, 9:20 am Is one of the languages you speak Spanish?
Hello, Vviera! And thank you for your reply!
I can understand conversational Spanish and I can read it. However, I am still learning and not fluent.
What about you? What languages do you speak?
I only speak Spanish and English fluently - well enough to record them. I also read Esperanto and prooflisten the very few Librivox projects done in that language. I've studied French and Portuguese and can mostly read them, but could never record. And once when I traveled there I learned enough Slovak to say thank you, wish someone a good day, and read a menu :lol:

Welcome! You will have a good time here :D
Cheers, VERLA

There's no rehab for LibriVox addicts. (Aren't you glad?)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

hibajamal wrote: December 5th, 2023, 3:58 amMy name is Hiba and I am from Egypt. I am excited to record books in a few languages I speak.
Hello Hiba and welcome :)

if one of the languages you speak is Arabic, which I assume since you live in Egypt, you could consider to help out in this project 8-) viewtopic.php?t=79535

But before you start with an official recording, we warmly recommend a one minute test. This is to check that your technical settings are all up to LV standard.
You can read all about it here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test
Please post the test in the Test forum: viewforum.php?f=21 and someone will check it and give you feedback or advice if needed.

As soon as the test is ok'ed, you can participate in any project you like :)

Good luck and see you soon maybe

Sonia