[FULL][DR] A Fourth Form Friendship by Angela Brazil - rap

Plays and other dramatic works
llamaart

Post by llamaart »

In God I trust.
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Notes on chapter 1.

Volume needs to drop: around -12 dB would put it right on target at 89 dB, but it needs to be between 86 and 92 dB.

Some of the pauses are too long between the voice of someone saying something and the "s/he said" for example. I have only indicated the ones where this was longer than one second.
1:26
2:47
3:21
3:45
8:51
29:47
29:49

Additionally,
5:37 pause should be shortened here, especially as there is no punctuation between the words

11:25 should be "Miss" not "Mrs." in "Miss Drummond is a perfect dear" - I don't believe many married ladies would have taught at a boarding school in the early days of the 20th century. Suggesting this as it is an easy fix to remove the last syllable of "Mrs."

Thanks,

M
thecountess

Post by thecountess »

Chapters 2,4 & 6 are PL OK!
I have a couple PL NOTES for Chapter 5.
At around 0:02 you speak really fast for a second. Could you please rerecord that line?
At around 1:13 I hear: "There's a certain somebody with a banjo," when the script says: "There's certainly somebody with a banjo,"

~ The Countess
Priamedes

Post by Priamedes »

I scanned some of the chapters leading up to my part, but I'm having trouble deducing how old Piers is. Would anyone happen to know an approximate age range for the character?
Back to recording

Erik
victoriaalicebell

Post by victoriaalicebell »

Priamedes wrote: November 24th, 2023, 9:58 pm I scanned some of the chapters leading up to my part, but I'm having trouble deducing how old Piers is. Would anyone happen to know an approximate age range for the character?
I've looked, it doesn't seem to say anything about his age. He's probably in his teens.
Thanks,
Priamedes

Post by Priamedes »

victoriaalicebell wrote: November 25th, 2023, 7:31 am
Priamedes wrote: November 24th, 2023, 9:58 pm I scanned some of the chapters leading up to my part, but I'm having trouble deducing how old Piers is. Would anyone happen to know an approximate age range for the character?
I've looked, it doesn't seem to say anything about his age. He's probably in his teens.
Thanks,
Thank you! Good to know i’m not just missing it.
Back to recording

Erik
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Quick update: I've got the rest of Aldred recorded and just need to finish editing :)
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
victoriaalicebell

Post by victoriaalicebell »

jennlea wrote: November 26th, 2023, 12:01 pm Quick update: I've got the rest of Aldred recorded and just need to finish editing :)
Congratulations! :clap:
llamaart

Post by llamaart »

Here is Phoebe chapter 5. I hope I fixed everything!

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/fourthformfriendship_phoebe_5.mp3

Bets wishes, Allie.
In God I trust.
thecountess

Post by thecountess »

llamaart wrote: November 26th, 2023, 3:10 pm Here is Phoebe chapter 5. I hope I fixed everything!

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/fourthformfriendship_phoebe_5.mp3

Bets wishes, Allie.
PL OK! :thumbs:
Chapters 9-12 & 16 are PL OK! You did a great job emphasizing the words! :clap:

I have a PL NOTES for Chapter 8:
At around 0:42 I hear: "Yes; there won't be too much time, with all the costumes to think about _____," when the text says "Yes; there won't be too much time, with all the costumes to think about as well," This might be a little picky so I will defer to the BC Victoria.

~ The Countess
Priamedes

Post by Priamedes »

Here's Piers, chapter 15! I may have made him too nice for such a sexist boy... let me know if I missed any lines.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/fourthformfriendship_piers_15.mp3 (03:59)
Back to recording

Erik
thecountess

Post by thecountess »

Priamedes wrote: November 26th, 2023, 3:56 pm Here's Piers, chapter 15! I may have made him too nice for such a sexist boy... let me know if I missed any lines.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/fourthformfriendship_piers_15.mp3 (03:59)
PL NOTES:
You unfortunately did miss some lines.
At around 0:58 you are missing 2 lines (one of them I think is actually meant to Francis's but we will have to see what BC Victoria thinks) :?: :
"All serene!" Victoria, I think that this is actually Francis's line because the person speaking before is talking to Francis...what do you think?
"I don't know, but we can ask him. Here he is now. You'd like a row, girls, wouldn't you?"

At around 1:04 you are missing 3 lines:
"I'd a deal rather you had a boatman with you, only I can't spare the time. Well, I don't want to be hard on you; we won't quarrel over the sixpence. One of the oars is spliced, and you'll have to be careful of it. Thomas, help to run down the boat, will you?"
"She's a dreadfully heavy old tub,"
"but she's seaworthy, and I dare say we shall have some fun out of her."

But other then those missing lines your recording was great!
~ The Countess
Last edited by thecountess on December 3rd, 2023, 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.