Bushland Stories by Amy Mack

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
rachwood88

Post by rachwood88 »

Hi al! Amy Mack was an Australian author who wrote fiction and non-fiction set in the Aussie wilderness. I've been reading this book to my kids and enjoying it. It's a collection of short stories, rather in a Beatrix Potter genre but longer and with slightly more pointed morals to the stories. :)

I'm pretty sure it's public domain around the world as it was published in Sydney in 1910, even though it's not listed in the Gutenberg catalog. Anyone who knows anything different please let me know...

I'd be keen to co-ordinate the book once I have passed the 1 minute test recording :) !
(It would be wonderful to share the reading of this book with fellow Australians, but of course I won't reject anyone who is keen!)

https://archive.org/details/b1696834/page/n10/mode/1up
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Looks interesting. Once you have got your technical test sorted out we could talk about 2 Australians making a start, and there are a few others around who may be interested.

Anne
mummibee

Post by mummibee »

annise wrote: November 16th, 2023, 9:34 pm Once you have got your technical test sorted out we could talk about 2 Australians making a start, and there are a few others around who may be interested.
I'm Australian and used this and other works by Amy Mack with my kids when we were homeschooling. I'd love to work on this book!
Belinda
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

and that makes 3 :D Anne