Hello all fellow Librivox volunteers from Fami !!!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Fami

Post by Fami »

Hello All,

I am very new to this forum and have never read for an audio book before, I find this facinating that we can lend our voices to some of the awesome works of literature and make available these audio books to the public who love listening to audiobooks.

I thank Libriox and admin team for their hard work & also providing a platform where new readers could volunteer and gain good experience at the same time contribute to our society. Looking forward and extremely excited for my first ever recording soon.

Thanks,
Regards
Fami
:)
victoriaalicebell

Post by victoriaalicebell »

Fami wrote: November 1st, 2023, 9:45 am Hello All,

I am very new to this forum and have never read for an audio book before, I find this facinating that we can lend our voices to some of the awesome works of literature and make available these audio books to the public who love listening to audiobooks.

I thank Libriox and admin team for their hard work & also providing a platform where new readers could volunteer and gain good experience at the same time contribute to our society. Looking forward and extremely excited for my first ever recording soon.

Thanks,
Regards
Fami
:)
Hello! We are glad to have you here, welcome to Librivox!

If you have any questions let us know here. You could parts-PL or DPL if you like, (a really important part of our system!).

Before you go, we would like you to record a one minute test with these instructions.

Have fun!
Fami

Post by Fami »

Hi Victoria,

Thanks for your reply, could you assign me a reading part (any would do), this will be my first and I am really excited about it.

P.S I have already posted my 1 min test recording and am still awating feedback on it.

Regards,
Fami
victoriaalicebell

Fami wrote: November 2nd, 2023, 10:59 am Hi Victoria,

Thanks for your reply, could you assign me a reading part (any would do), this will be my first and I am really excited about it.

P.S I have already posted my 1 min test recording and am still awating feedback on it.

Regards,
Fami
The only project that I am running which is open at the moment is A Fourth Form Friendship, by Angela Brazil. It's a DR (Where different characters are claimed rather than chapters.) If you are interested in taking a character role in it, there are several small roles, and some large roles left.

I'll give some feedback on your test in a moment.

Thanks,
Fami

Post by Fami »

Hey Victoria,

Thats great, please assign me a character (whichever you think would suit me).
I have corrected my test recording as per your instructions and feedback, do check it out.

Thanks,
Fami
victoriaalicebell

Fami wrote: November 3rd, 2023, 3:43 am Hey Victoria,

Thats great, please assign me a character (whichever you think would suit me).
I have corrected my test recording as per your instructions and feedback, do check it out.

Thanks,
Fami
Hello!

We don't generally pick roles for readers. You get to choose entirely. I'm not sure which one you'd like best.

Thanks,
Fami

Post by Fami »

Hi,

Coud you assign me role of Freda , thanks

Fami
victoriaalicebell

Fami wrote: November 5th, 2023, 3:31 am Hi,

Coud you assign me role of Freda , thanks

Fami
Sure! Thank you.

Also, what would you like your name in the catalog to be? It can be a pseudonym, fake name, or anything you like.

Thanks,
Fami

Post by Fami »

Hi, catalog name could be Fami as well, thanks
victoriaalicebell

Fami wrote: November 5th, 2023, 6:23 am Hi, catalog name could be Fami as well, thanks
Ok! Thank you. Here's your page: https://librivox.org/reader/19040
Fami

Post by Fami »

Hi, I think you missed to assign chapter 5 also it has a part of Freda.
victoriaalicebell

Fami wrote: November 5th, 2023, 11:53 am Hi, I think you missed to assign chapter 5 also it has a part of Freda.
Ok, I'll fix that. Thanks for noticing.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

girls,

all project-specific comments should go into the respective project thread so that everything is in one place. :thumbs:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com