COMPLETE: Six Months at the White House by Francis Bicknell Carpenter -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
progressingamerica

Post by progressingamerica »

AnneGowan wrote: October 19th, 2023, 2:29 am May I have Chapter LII-LV?
Should the whole introduction precede each chapter or only the first with subsequent chapters introduced just by chapter #?
Thanks!
I have assigned the next section for you.

The way the original reader handled each middle chapter was just to say "chapter (#)" and continue reading. See the longer answer above from Rapunzelina for additional information. Thanks
AnneGowan

Post by AnneGowan »

In my section there is a blank, and a names with just the first letter Mrs. C______________, I assume I would read Mrs. C and disregard the blank. The other sentence says class _______ and then goes on, there is an obvious deliberate omission of the class name or year, should I read class blank or disregard the blank? Also there is one word that is an obvious grammatical error, the first letter is wrong and changing it would make the sentence correct. Page 3 of chapter 52, says "no matter bow many times it might occur" bow should be how?. Should I read it as written or correct it?

One last question should abbreviated things like Hon. for honorable be read as written or as honorable?

Thank you!
progressingamerica

AnneGowan wrote: October 21st, 2023, 12:57 pm In my section there is a blank, and a names with just the first letter Mrs. C______________, I assume I would read Mrs. C and disregard the blank. The other sentence says class _______ and then goes on, there is an obvious deliberate omission of the class name or year, should I read class blank or disregard the blank? Also there is one word that is an obvious grammatical error, the first letter is wrong and changing it would make the sentence correct. Page 3 of chapter 52, says "no matter bow many times it might occur" bow should be how?. Should I read it as written or correct it?

One last question should abbreviated things like Hon. for honorable be read as written or as honorable?

Thank you!
Hello, I would read Hon. as Honorable. Also, Mrs. C as "Mrs. See", as well as Mr. G and Mr. S. as "Mister Gee" and "Mister Ess".

In LIV where there is "I was a member of ——— Class, in Cambridge, in 1833 and '34", use the word "some" - ".....Some class, in cambridge, in 1833....."

It should be "how", not "bow". See the last paragraph: https://www.google.com/books/edition/The_Inner_Life_of_Abraham_Lincoln/l99HAQAAMAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&pg=PA169
AnneGowan

Post by AnneGowan »

Thank you!
jenno

Post by jenno »

progressingamerica

jenno wrote: October 26th, 2023, 11:28 pm Here is section 7
Thank you
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Section 7 is PL OK!
Fami

Post by Fami »

Hi all,

Is it possible to assign Chapters LVI–LX for reading to me, I am a new here and would love to get started.

Thankyou,
Fami
progressingamerica

Fami wrote: November 2nd, 2023, 11:11 am Hi all,

Is it possible to assign Chapters LVI–LX for reading to me, I am a new here and would love to get started.

Thankyou,
Fami
I'll get that section assigned to you right now. Thank you!
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

Hi! May I please have section 10?
Cheers, Claire
~~I'm not addicted to reading. I can stop as soon as I finish the next chapter~~

Come read!
The Boys' Book of Famous Rulers
Great Events in North & South America
progressingamerica

Cbteddy wrote: November 16th, 2023, 6:40 pm Hi! May I please have section 10?
I'll get that assigned.
AnneGowan

Post by AnneGowan »

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Section 8 is nicely read and the sound is pleasant and clear! Nothing much you can do to improve, you're already great! :D
One PL note on section 8 is that it is missing the "End of Section 8" phrase at the end.
AnneGowan

Post by AnneGowan »

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

This is now PL OK!

I forgot to add before, when posting a link to a recording, also give the runtime, like 26:54 for this one :wink: