Difficulties downloading a file to PL

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Marty7766

Post by Marty7766 »

Hello all!

I am attempting to DPL my first project and I am having trouble downloading a file. When I click the link in the work flow, it opens the file in a player. It will play here but, when I click to download, I get a network error.

Any idea what might be the problem? Is there another way to download that I might try?

Martha
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

You might try Pressing Ctrl+S (Hold the 'Control/Ctrl' key, and then tap the 'S' key) while the player is open. A new window should pop up to ask where you'd like to save the file.

I always go to the link, right-click on it, and hit 'Save Link As', but I'm assuming that's what you mean when you say you click to download, and it's having this network error. If the other tip doesn't work, I'd be interested to hear what internet browser you're using.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Irtonwood Ghost saves for me. So it's not a global LV problem.

If you can't get it figured out, I could try uploading it to Google Drive, from whence you could download it.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Marty7766

Post by Marty7766 »

redrun wrote: October 23rd, 2023, 6:33 am You might try Pressing Ctrl+S (Hold the 'Control/Ctrl' key, and then tap the 'S' key) while the player is open. A new window should pop up to ask where you'd like to save the file.

I always go to the link, right-click on it, and hit 'Save Link As', but I'm assuming that's what you mean when you say you click to download, and it's having this network error. If the other tip doesn't work, I'd be interested to hear what internet browser you're using.
thank you for your speedy reply. I tried both methods you suggested and they both opened a window asking where to save, so I thought I was home free, but then I still got the same error message. When you asked about the browser, I checked and saw this notice:

To get future Google Chrome updates, you'll need OS X 10.11 or later. This computer is using OS X 10.10.

My computer is 10 years old. I suppose this is the problem. Very disappointing!

Again, thank you for your help!!

Martha
Marty7766

Post by Marty7766 »

TriciaG wrote: October 23rd, 2023, 6:45 am Irtonwood Ghost saves for me. So it's not a global LV problem.

If you can't get it figured out, I could try uploading it to Google Drive, from whence you could download it.
Thank you for going to the trouble to check! My computer is so old I am unable to update my browser. I guess I am not going to be able to PL until I purchase a new computer.

Thank you again for your help!

Martha
Marty7766

Post by Marty7766 »

Marty7766 wrote: October 23rd, 2023, 7:05 am
TriciaG wrote: October 23rd, 2023, 6:45 am Irtonwood Ghost saves for me. So it's not a global LV problem.

Thank you for going to the trouble to check! My computer is so old I am unable to update my browser. I guess I am not going to be able to PL until I purchase a new computer.

Thank you again for your help!

Martha
Would you try uploading it to goole drive when you get a chance? I just re-read your message. thank you!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Marty7766

Post by Marty7766 »

Oh, my goodness !! That worked!! Thank you so much! I have it open in audacity :thumbs:
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

This is a Mac? Contrrol-click on the link, then from the pop-up menu choose Download Linked File. The MP3 will appear in your downloads folder.
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page
Marty7766

Post by Marty7766 »

sjmarky wrote: October 23rd, 2023, 9:40 am This is a Mac? Contrrol-click on the link, then from the pop-up menu choose Download Linked File. The MP3 will appear in your downloads folder.
Yes, it is a Mac. Thanks! I will give that a try.