Title-contents mismatch [OK]

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
Kirsten Wever

Post by Kirsten Wever »

Short Mystery Collection 5, in the Catalog, contains the files for collection 4.
– Kirsten

A person who won't read* has no advantage over one who can't. – Twain

* or at least listen!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

That's really ancient history, can you tell me where you are downloading from? The LV catalogue? https://librivox.org/group/163?primary_key=163&search_category=group&search_page=1&search_form=get_results or somewhere else ?

Anne
Kirsten Wever

Post by Kirsten Wever »

Yes, that's where I downloaded from, to cell phone, by clicking title, and also by opening project and downloading from there. Same thing if I download individual chapters.
– Kirsten

* or at least listen!
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Kirsten,
I'm not seeing the same issue here, is there a particular reason you'd say the files are from a different collection?

I see a list of stories on the catalog page for collection 5 - can you please triple-check to confirm that this is the same catalog page you're on?

If I click the play button beside a given story - say, #6, The Black Hand, I hear exactly that story. This is the case both on my PC, and on my phone. I am not using any "LibriVox" app, just the web site.
If I download the complete .zip folder, I find that it contains "shortmyst005_06_blackhand_jms_64kb.mp3", and again sounds like exactly the same story.

Meanwhile, story 6 for collection 4 is The B-Flat Trombone, and that's what I hear when I click the play button on that catalog page.

What story are you expecting to hear for a given section, and what story are you hearing instead? Can you confirm you are downloading from this page, and what is the name of the .zip file you got from your download?
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
Kirsten Wever

Post by Kirsten Wever »

Availle,

I'm working at it, but my connections are molasses. 45 minutes to download collection 5.

But I can add information. I downloaded from short mystery AND SUSPENSE collection, if that makes a difference. shortmystcoll_005, not shortmyst_005.

(Looks like the collection changed it's name from short mystery to short mystery and Suspense after first seven collections.)

I'll keep at it and post again when I'm able to download.
– Kirsten

* or at least listen!
Kirsten Wever

Post by Kirsten Wever »

Okay, now I understand. I reported the problem incorrectly.

When I downloaded short mystery collection four, my download page listed it as short_mystery_ 005_0906. However the stories themselves seem to be correctly named, ie, shortmyst004...

Apologies for having wasted your time by telling you the wrong story last night.

Kirsten
– Kirsten

* or at least listen!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Short Mystery 5 has an IA identifier of shortmysterycoll005_0908_librivox

Short Mystery 4 has an IA identifier of short_mystery_005_0906_librivox

So yes, it's wrongly named at IA. The individual files have the correct names (shortmyst004_##_.....mp3) but the zip file is named incorrectly.

Back in the "old days", we manually entered the identifier. I'm guessing the MC simply misnamed it when cataloging. (Collection 5 cataloged only 2 months after 4, so they were probably neck deep in both and had a brain sneeze.)

I think, since it's been "out there" for so long, it is an anomaly we will have to live with. The only remedy would be to recatalog the whole thing, and that would be a lot of work to simply fix the zip file name. :?

Make sense?
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Kirsten Wever

Post by Kirsten Wever »

Makes absolutely sense. Lord knows, you, and I you e, have enough to do without spending hours on ancient glitches no one notices! (Except me, but I'm niggly.). 8-)
– Kirsten

* or at least listen!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

It's good to hear about oddities - but it does help to tell us as much as you can about what happens - think of it as getting a plumber costing a massive hourly rate. Telling him there is a leaky pipe and have him run around looking for it is expensive- telling him water rushes out when you open a bathroom cupboard does at least get him in the right place to start.

Of course, very early glitches might be more difficult to do anything about as software may have changed - but we can try.

Anne
Kirsten Wever

Post by Kirsten Wever »

Thanks for explaining. In future I'll give every possible detail when I find glitches. (And I'll get the facts right.)

8-)
– Kirsten

* or at least listen!