'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ahab (Stewart Wills) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Somehow I had made it to my 58th year without reading this book, and now, thanks to your superb reading, I have heard it and truly appreciate it!

Louise

All of Stewart's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Rainy007 (Clarissa V) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi Clarissa 🙂

I found your recording of "The Black Cat" on LibriVox last year, but missed the page describing how to reach out to a particular reader.

I have finally found that page now (Via the 'thank you' page on LibriVox) and want to apologize for being so late in writing.

First of all; I LOVE the way you read and how you sound 🙂 So much so that I used your recording in a music-piece (Which you can hear in the youtube-link below if you want)

I make music and have dabbled in audio and sound since 1985 (I was born in 1971 and live in Denmark, Scandinavia)

I found your recording of "The Black Cat" last year and, as far as I could see at the time, this was your only LibriVox recording (I made the song in early October 2022)

I did google your name to see if I could find some contact-info or a facebook or something, but "Clarissa V" (I don't know how to spell your last name. It sounds like "Verola" or "Virola" to my ears, but only you would know of course 🙂) didn't lead to anything I was sure was you.

Now, given the book "The Black Cat" is a horror-story, and your voice really fits perfectly to that eerie atmosphere of that story (I mean that in a good way) I also tried to make the music fit that whole feeling of horror and creepiness.

I think my music and your voice fits great together and that it works really well as a whole (An eerie ghost-story, told in a mysterious tone in a mysterious house at the end of the street while the weather is gloomy and a black cat sits on a nearby stone-fence looking ominously. You know; just like a good scary movie will look like 🙂)

I really hope you like the music and maybe one day we could make some more (You really sound amazing, clear spoken and great tone)

So thank you very much for this opportunity (To both you and LibriVox)

The youtube-video link is below (It's not a music-video, but just the music. I haven't attempted to make a video, but if you want to perhaps make one that would be so awesome 🙂)

I did edit the story, to get the song below 10 minutes, so it's not your full reading I used.

I also have a Spotify (In case you prefer that over youtube)
https://open.spotify.com/album/5Xxd0PLutENjn8QFJTx6Pw

The youtube-link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFLO327j9Bg

I also have a facebook (In case you want to see who I am, or maybe become friends there 🙂)
https://www.facebook.com/jacoblarsen.248

Thank you very much Clarissa! 🙂❤️
jacob.

All of Clarissa's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
ahab

Post by ahab »

icequeen wrote: September 26th, 2023, 8:19 pm Praise received for ahab (Stewart Wills) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Somehow I had made it to my 58th year without reading this book, and now, thanks to your superb reading, I have heard it and truly appreciate it!

Louise

All of Stewart's recordings!

Louise, thanks so much for these kind words -- I very glad to hear that the recording was a good experience for you.

Best wishes,
Stewart
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

Two thumbs up and a big Thank You to flavo5000 (Ben Tucker) for his excellent reading on “The Films of Orson Welles by Peter Bogdanovich.” Mr. Welles was an amazing talent. He was unforgettable, even when he wasn’t at his best. While I’ve seen several of his movies, reading this book piqued my curiosity about others. I’ll definitely be taking a look at some of those. I will probably take another look at my favorite Welles movie (though not directed by him) “The Third Man.”

I’ve also enjoyed listening to two other books Mr. Tucker recorded for LibriVox: “Night Fears” and “Madame Crowl’s Ghost.” He is an excellent reader and has definitely contributed an interesting assortment of recordings for LibriVox.

(Reader notified by PM)
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for mkargo (Megan Argo) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Madam

I love your voice, your dramatisations, your accent, your way of reading and the resonance I feel when listening to you read.

Most of the books I listen to are books I have read at least once and in some cases, more than once.

Listening to you read favourites or new discoveries, as in the short stories you read, has reawakened my enjoyment.

More importantly, due to the inclination and emphasis placed by you in sections of the books you read, has given me a new understanding that was lacking the first time I read a particular book.

While I work I listen to the audiobook selection for the day (and night). This is a perfect situation for me,

Thank you for your voice and your abilities.

Did I say thank you?

Just in case

Thank you.

All of Megan's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for njgorgen (Nancy Gorgen) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
How do I thank you enough for your wonderful comforting voice readings of the Outdoor Girls by Laura Lee Hope. Your readings have been a great comfort to me during stressful times. I always look for your readings because they are so excellent!

All of Nancy's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for CliveCatterall (Clive Catterall) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Re: Clive Catterall
"The White Company" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
circa 2009?

While I've enjoyed all the classics I've listened to on Librivox, Clive Catterall's reading of The White Company is the best yet. His dramatic presentation was perfect for the material and breathed such life into the story. I don't know what he does for a living, but this reading sounded like a professional actor.

When I originally read this book in the 1960s, when I was in high school, I had difficulty understanding it (mainly due to the unfamiliar vocabulary). However, Mr. Catterall's narration was so well paced and interesting that I thoroughly enjoyed the story, and now have a better understanding why this book was so popular in the past.

Thanks so much to Clive & Librivox for helping us appreciate classic literature!

Best wishes,

Michele
Longmont CO (USA)

All of Clive's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gloriana (Elizabeth Klett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello,

Wanted to send a note of thanks to reader Elizabeth Klett for her outstanding rendition of Pride and Prejudice. https://librivox.org/pride-and-prejudice-solo-version-3-by-jane-austen/

The narration as well as the character voices really made the story come alive. Your reading style is very soothing and pleasant to listen to. I could never get into the book with reading it myself but I found myself extremely engaged listening to your narration. Thank you for taking the time to make such an excellent clear recording of Pride and Prejudice.

Thank you,
Rachel

All of Elizabeth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for redaer (redaer) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Danke für die schönen Lesungen. Ich habe mit Goethes "Aus meinem Leben,
Dichtung und Wahrheit" begonnen. Zuerst dachte ich, es ginge nicht, aber
nach und nach kam es mir so vor, als ob ich Goethe selbst sprechen
hörte. Die Betonung und die Geschwindigkeit haben mir sehr zugesagt.
Auch das "sch" anstelle von "ch" ist wohl ganz im Sinne des großen
Dichters - ich bin selbst aus dieser Gegend.

Liebe Grüße

Harald

All of redaer's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for philchenevert (Phil Chenevert) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you very much for all of your reading. Your voice is distinct,
clear, unique, and recognizable. The sheer amount of recordings which
you have submitted to LV is impressive enough; however, the quality of
the recordings' audio as well as the inflections and emotions projected
into the readings cause listening to them to be quite rewarding,
enhancing the texts over just plain speaking them aloud. Thanks, and I
look forward to listening to you more during the future!

-Sean

All of Phil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for LibraryLady (Annie Coleman Rothenberg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Just wanted to thank you for your wonderful recording of The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. You did a great job and really brought the story to life. What a funny book, a real masterpiece. Thank you for all your time and effort.
From Kansas,
Lauren

All of Annie's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mr. Smith,

This is the first Jules Verne book I've had the pleasure of listening to instead of reading it myself.
It really gives the book something extra in my opinion especially if it is read in your voice and with the intonation you use to differentiate the characters (I especially enjoyed Herbert's voice ;). With this email I wanted to express my gratitude all the way from the Netherlands to Simpsonville, South Carolina!
Thanks for accompanying me on my runs, train rides and so much more!

kind regards,

Jules of Wijhe, Netherlands

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for k5hsj (Winston Tharp) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Winston Tharp thank you

My first time on Librivox was to hear you read:

Author: John D MacDonald
Title: A Bullet for Cinderella

Thanks for sharing your talent and thanking the staff too for offering this free service.
Anne

All of Winston's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for AndreaFiore (Andrea Fiore) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Andrea

Thank you SO MUCH for giving me James Allen.

These beautiful words will forever echo in my heart and mind, as delivered by your voice.

Know that during your lifetime, you have succeeded in helping me navigate my life towards something much much greater.

I appreciate you.

M.

All of Andrea's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Mermaid (Mil Nicholson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I just wanted to thank Mil Nicholson for bringing “Bleak House” to life so very well. Her reading really superb and adding voices for the different characters certainly does bring the whole thing alive. How she remembers whose voice is which beats me, but it works a treat, I only wish we’d had someone like that to read to us when we were having to learn these books at school. I’m now downloading some more of her work and looking forward to listening to it.

https://librivox.org/bleak-house-by-charles-dickens-2/

Eileen

All of Mil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!