SweetHome

Post by SweetHome »

Next section uploaded
SweetHome

Post by SweetHome »

Another section uploaded
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

oh!! I'm so sorry for losing these two sections down a rabbit hole. Scott had a medical emergency 3 weeks ago (all is just about completely back to normal), and I must have looked at your posts about them from the phone, failing to initiate my personal PL system of file-saving. :oops: I've got these pulled now and will get them listened to very soon.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

We are all volunteers - and real-life happens. And it was nice and warm and safe in the rabbit's hole :D
I'm glad the emergency worked out well.

Anne
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thanks much, Anne :)

Sections 3 and 4 are both PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs: The three of you make a really delightful team!

I do have a suggestion for section 3:

On the portion from 6:52 to 7:12, where ForgetMeNot is whispering, it is hard for Grandma ears like mine to hear it at that volume. I think that amplifying this stretch by 4 decibels will preserve the softer aspect called for in the poem while being discernible for older listeners.

If you want to act on it, just holler, and I'll be happy to spot-PL. If you'd rather not change anything, just leave it at PL OK :)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
SweetHome

Post by SweetHome »

Hi Lynette,

Sorry to hear about your family emergency! I’m glad things are back to normal!

A good suggestion for section 3. You are right, the whispering was hard to hear. I’ve done as you suggested, so hopefully there is an improvement. I marked as spot PL

Section 5 is uploaded too, now. Hopefully I can get section 6 edited and up soon as well.

Thank you for all your listening!!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hi :)

That was helpful - she's still clearly whispering but it's easier to hear. Section 3 is PL OK :thumbs: I've got 5 on queue.
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 5 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
SweetHome

Post by SweetHome »

Section 6 uploaded
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 6 is PL OK :thumbs:

Some of these poems are super cute, aren't they?
~Lynette * -
SweetHome

Post by SweetHome »

Section 7 uploaded :)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hello, there :) I hope your family had a nice Christmas/New Year season. Ours was pretty nice. Got to see some far-away family, so that's always a huge treat.

Section 7 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 7 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
SweetHome

Post by SweetHome »

I've got good news! We uploaded the last 2 sections. Sorry this was a drawn out recording, but we got it done! There is whispering in the last section, I tried to amplify it a bit but let me know if it needs more. Thank you again for all your proof listening!! We all had a great time recording this book.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

It took me longer than I like to get to your final sections! And these are both so very sweet. :)

Section 8 is PL OK :thumbs:

In Section 9, the whispering section is great. It does sound, though, like an extra beat of silence would be nice in these spots:

@ 1:05, ahead of "Growing Up"
@ 2:25, ahead of "Vespers"

If you'd rather not mess with the file, we can toggle this section to PL OK as well 8-)
~Lynette * -